Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What Is Your Favorite Fast Food Place? >

What Is Your Favorite Fast Food Place?

What Is Your Favorite Fast Food Place?

Old 06-23-2010, 07:00 PM

Don't do much fast food. My husband loves Bud's Burgers, a local burger joint but the burgers are big so I can only eat 1/2. Aside from that I guess Subway's Veggie Delight would be my favorite.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:18 PM

tolepainter54, you have El Pollo Loco? I loved that place! Great chicken and sides. Some of the sides were even healthy! LOL! Ours went out of business. Too much competition I guess. I sure was sad. It was great food.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:20 PM

Since moving away from the West coast...I miss IN N OUT BURGER!!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by tolepainter54
El Pollo Loco - I love chicken - but not chicken sandwiches.
I am so jealous of you right now. I miss mexican food, good Mexican, so badly.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I miss mexican food, good Mexican, so badly.
I know what you mean! I don't think the rest of the world outside of California and Texas (or maybe NM & AZ) has much of a clue how to do good Mexican food.

When we were in Maryland there was one halfway decent place we finally found (don't remember where it was now - that was 25 yrs ago!). But the funniest was in Guam a few years before that...I guess they were trying, and making do with what they had, but it just didn't seem right to find a banana leaf around the tamale! Oh and they forgot to put seasoning in the tomato sauce...

Yeah, I like the good ole sit down restaurants where you don't have to wait on yourself...I can do that at home!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Taco Bell or KFC. BUT if it's pizza you want and not fast food the very best is a tiny little place called Nino's Pizza, Outer Banks, NC. I don't remember if it's in Rodanthe, Waves or Avon but it was WONDERFUL!!!! It's a true "mom and pop" operation. It was the best pizza I've ever eaten.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 AM

Tim Hortons...I THINK it's just in Canada. They have the best steeped tea and I love their chicken noodle soup and blueberry bran muffins,...also their cranberry muffins and plain tea biscuits. Yummy!!! Yummy!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
Originally Posted by KarenSimon
Taco Bell.

We have a local fast food chain in Tucson called Eegee's. The have the BEST of the BESTEST fries. YUMMY.
and its only in Tucson no where else in Az.and it does have the best Fries and my favorite flavor of the month is orange dream

I lived in Phoenix for 48-1/2 years till moving to NC. We did have Eegee's in Phx. at one time years ago - loved to go there. Tucson has some great places to eat - my son went to UA (I'm a Sun Devil!!) Anyway I don't miss much about Phoenix - except In 'n Out Burgers and Fries - Yummm!! And Ted's Hot Dogs in Tempe - only location outside of Buffalo, I think. Oh, and Chicken Teriyaki places - don't think they even know what teriyaki is here (NC). But North Carolina is the home of Krispy Kreme - and incredible pork BBQ - and all the fried everything you could want. Thank heavens Jack in the Box came here - been eating them since 1967!!

I will now return to my WeightWatchers mentality and try to forget all about french fries, Taco Bell, Wendy's Frosties, etc.!!

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 AM

What time is it? Kentucky Fried Chicken or McD's egg mcmuffin.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:49 AM

I miss mexican food, good Mexican, so badly.[/quote]

I'm with you. After living in Phoenix for most of my life, I'm still trying to find decent mexican food here in NC - especially a good Chimichanga. They want to put cheese sauce on top! Yuck!!! IMHO it shoud come with sour cream and guacamole. And get this - I found terrific Tex-Mex in my hometown of York, PA of all places!!! A small place that actually knows how to do things right - or as right as Tex-Mex (or sometimes called Border Mex) gets.

Guess Taco Bell will have to do till I get my fix!

Sandy in Mooresville, NC