Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
i'm melting, i'm melting or should i say wilting >

i'm melting, i'm melting or should i say wilting

i'm melting, i'm melting or should i say wilting

Old 06-24-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Ummmmmm we are a gorgeous 71 degrees, blue skies a few little clouds floating around and a light breeze. Of course I am looking out the window of the office I work in so am not able to enjoy this gorgeous weather.
I love where I live!!!
Yeah, yeah rub it in. Here in Lexington ky it has been 90 plus and high humidity.. When your glasses steam up when you step outside you know it is bad. Thank the Lord for AC
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Here in Spain its around 80. Starts of cool in the morning but by 1pm its hot hot hot. Still nice balmy evenings though. Hottest time here is August when it gets up to over 100, well last year it did, but its hit the high way before it usually does- Its hotter in the middle of Spain, They call it the melting pot and thats Madrid. All the big Companies close down for the whole of August, so forget trying to get any thing. This I think is what is called Global Warming.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:33 PM

THANK GOD FOR SUMMER! I live in PA and we had the third worst recorded snowfall winter. It was awful...give me sunshine and warm weather! I cant even stand the thought of winter coming :(.

Margie
Old 06-24-2010, 03:35 PM

It has been hot and humid the past couple of days, upper 80's near 90. A cold front passed through this evening and we should be dry and near 80 tomorrow and for the weekend. Give me fall weather any day. I do not like the heat anymore. I think I must have been a polar bear in a previous life! Oh, and the hot flashes are not helping any either!!!! :-D
Old 06-24-2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
We hit 97 in central Ill. Today the same and it is no dry heat. My son in Az. says Ma 107 today but you know dry heat. Ha I was there and it was 101 dry or not, it's a oven there and here.
I'm with you . Dry or humid anything over 90 is just too darned hot!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
It has been hot and humid the past couple of days, upper 80's near 90. A cold front passed through this evening and we should be dry and near 80 tomorrow and for the weekend. Give me fall weather any day. I do not like the heat anymore. I think I must have been a polar bear in a previous life! Oh, and the hot flashes are not helping any either!!!! :-D
Yeah, when do they ever stop? I had a total hysterectomy 6 years ago and I am still having them! and I had them for about 4 years before tha
Old 06-24-2010, 04:33 PM

Seems to be hot everywhere. How about Alaska? Do we have any quilters up north. How to stay cool. Crank up the air, put in White Christmas and sing along with Bing! WEorks for me.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:49 PM

Hi, we are in Oklahoma and its absolutely miserable here. Yesterday it was 98 with heat index of 107. I open the door and my air is shut off. Glad it was a little cooler today (about 5 degrees) as I had to take hubby in for surgery. He is home and fine. But right back up tomorrow. Electric bill will need help from my banker. haha

Mrs. I
Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sassy913
Just a thought...I live in AZ but in the mountains (5200 ft alt) and it still hits 96 like today. A local gal makes neck scarves that are about 2" wide and 30" long that are tubular and filled in the center 1/3 section with the pellets you use in potting soil to maintain moisture. When dry, it lays flat and folds easily into your drawer or purse. But when soaked in cold water for about 20 min. they absorb the water and can be worn around your neck like a kerchief. I have several to go with many wardrobe changes as I work and they look nice as well as keep me cooler. I've even found them to be a benefit with my hot flashes. If you are interest I'll be glad to check on the name of the product they use inside, and send you the pattern. Easy to make, comfortable to wear and really helps keep you comfortable on those hotter then hot days. Can also be worn as a head band while working outdoors in the hot sun and keeps the perspiration from dripping down your face.
Yes I would like the info too as I work where ther is no A/C
and could make them. the good ones to buy cost $23.95 for 2/w shipping. The ones at WM, the innards come right thru the fabic after a couple of uses.
Midge
Old 06-24-2010, 05:11 PM

I am so hot & tried of running the A/C & already a high elec. bill, I could just scream. Ya get out of the shower & before you get your makeup on & hair dried you are dripping sweat! Ugh! I am just cranky. I'm also in full agreement that those crazy hot flashes are for the pits! Why don't men have to enjoy those suckers? DH even asked me if I would like for us to go away to the Mountains somewhere for a few days. I asked him, "Where do you suggest, as it is just hot all over the darned place?" Yep I am just cranky & crabby. LOL I want FALL. Love that Season!