Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate? >

What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate?

What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:39 PM

I've probably tried worse, but nothing else is coming to me. So I'm going to have to go with Burger King's chicken nuggets. I'm not even really sure they're chicken. They're pressed down into little crown shaped nuggets and they taste awful. Mom would get angry when we'd go get fast food and have to make a trip to both McDonalds and Burger King because my brothers would want BK burgers and I'd want McDonald's nuggets. She'd say, "Why can't you just get nuggets from Burger King?" and then I'd say, "Because they taste awful!" Didn't believe me until she went there with my brother a couple days ago and had ordered some for herself. She got back and told me "I'll never b**** at you again for having to make a separate trip to McDonalds to get your nuggets! Burger King's are terrible!"
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 PM

One thing that will never cross my lips is tongue. Yuck-o. My mother used to boil it and serve it for my ex-brother (yes, I no longer have him in my family). Just the smell of it turned my stomach and that was before I had to look at the thing.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 PM

Pickles, beets, asparagus, and olives! I do NOT like the taste of any of them.

But I did try, them with a straight shot to the sink, to spit them out! :-D :lol: :lol:
Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 PM

I've eaten squirrel, turtle and a lot of odd foods I guess.
Actually, I don't think beef tongue is bad, although not a favorite for sure. I cooked it once because it was all the meat we had left at the time. Once I got over the intial (ewwww gross) thoughts in my head, I realized it wasn't as bad as my mind had told me it would be.

Absolutely detest beef liver, makes good fish bait is the best I can say for it.

Also, I'd just as soon eat grass as turnnip greens. Just nasty!

Mountain oysters, and oysters in general are both on my taboo list. Don't care for seafood much either with the exception of flounder and shrimp.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:02 AM

sea urchin! Can we talk ebb tide.....ucko!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:06 AM

My goodness - MOST of the foods mentioned I either eat or HAVE eaten, not bad at all ------ but there ARE exceptions! Brains?? peuwee, limburger cheese?? Dad LOVED it - we all left the house when he unwrapped it! Dandelion greens?? no likey! LOVE artichokes! kidneys?? No, not anymore......
Old 06-26-2010, 03:29 AM

I like scrapple sliced thin, fried and with butter and syrup like pancakes.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:27 AM

Boiled Okra texture is awful. I love escargot if it is prepared properly. Tomatoes-waiting for my neighbors to ripen YUM!!
Haven't eaten liver since I was small my dad was the only one who could cook it right. Calamari has to be eaten right after frying once it cools its like chewing a rubber band.
Last but not least Turnips My grandmother made me sit at the table for hours to eat mashed turnips I finally shoved them down and they promptly came back.
I will not even try some of the things mentioned here. Brains etc. I figure if I have reached 57 without trying them it isn't necessary any more. lol
Old 06-26-2010, 04:34 AM

oysters, would top the list.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:50 AM

My mother used to give this home remedy for upset stomach --hot milk with butter. I'd try stirring like crazy to get that butter to disappear but as soon as I'd stop little butter beads would start congealing on top of the milk. She swore by it and I'd have to sit there until I finished it. Other than that, she was a wonderful mom!