Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you made a baby quilt lately? >

Have you made a baby quilt lately?

Have you made a baby quilt lately?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:05 AM

Winnie the Pooh. I used the hour glass pattern. I have made many baby quilt for my friends gc as well. I use jungle prints, 30's,teddy bears, etc. I have used a pattern called 9 months. It is a 9 patch. Very nice. I am a soon to be (Jul 2) grandma for the 2nd time. Our son just came home from Afghanistan for the birth.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:12 AM

I just shipped a baby girl quilt to my sister for her new grandbaby. It is twenty pink (ten different pinks) pinwheel blocks, hot pink border, zebra print cornerstones and binding.

No, I did not take a picture.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:17 AM

It seems like every time I turn around I'm making a baby quilt. Just gave 2 away yesterday at a work shower for a co-worker having twins. My next one is a 3 layer chennille panel quilt for my nephew's wife. I try and stick to traditional colors and themes that way the quilt can be an old standby for use.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:21 AM

I am a gr-grandma and I recently did a baby boy quilt for my youngest who will be 1 in Sept. It was a jungle theme in the Easy Attic Window pattern. Unfortunately I did not take a picture as my camera is on the blink at present. I don't think the pink/blue stuff applies anymore like it used to. I used a jungle print 6 inch block and yellow and green for the window borders and then used the jungle print as a backing. I also did one for girl baby last year with bright fish and she loves it and carries it with her everywhere now.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:26 AM

I made one using a couple nursery prints and several bright pink, green and yellow prints. Its for a girl. I am Grandma age too!
Old 06-26-2010, 06:45 AM

I am working on my fourth crib set with the Jungle Print by Patty Reed-bought the fabric at Wal Mart and Joann's. It makes up absolutely gorgeous. I made a Thomas set for my daughter and Snoopy for my son's boys. Next set is the Two by Two coordinates from Debbie Mumm. I think the bolder colors are more popular lately because there is such a variety. I saw some green with red lady bugs on that I vison with white eyelet for a little girl. Maybe the next one. :)
Old 06-26-2010, 06:47 AM

it seems at times thats all i make is baby quilts. sometimes when i know how the mom is decorating, i'll try to coordinate. sometimes, i'll use fabrics that remind me if something with the parents-like the doggie quilt i made for the people that run a doggie day care. at times i will use fabric that i just cant resist. i have to have a quilt done for july 18 and the moms got stuffin her baby registry that was pink and brown, so thats the color of the fabric that i picked out. i think anything goes and i have made enough of them-everyone was different.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 AM

I am working on my fourth Jungle Babies crib set. Bought the fabric at Wal Mart and JoAnns the Patty Reed (?)collection. They work up very nice. Flannels and cottons for sheets, quilt, fleece. I have done Thomas for one grandson and Snoopy for the other. The next set will be the Two by Two collection from Debbie Mumm (?)I saw a green with red lady bugs that I can see done with white eyelet for a little girl. I think todays trends are bold colors and themes.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:57 AM

I am a grandma (nana). I think in this day and time it is really the mom or the childs preferance, or whats hot at the time! I have seen a lot of Black & White Damask for nursery's lately. One instance where baby and a single mom shared a room. Mom's bed and the baby's bed were in this Damask print. Beautiful! Also so added some hot pink and Crowns to the room. Some people like to mix Black and White strips with it also. I have made Quilts/blankets out of Zebra and Leopard print faux fur and embroideried a ballerina or ballet shoes and the baby girls name on it in a pink color. I will try to add some pics if I can...I am new on this board. (:
Attachments: The Zebra side says avery Grace w/ballet shoes. The Flannel side: Avery Grace - Ballet shoes and Mommy's Girl!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-86885.jpe
Views:	185
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	86890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-86886.jpe
Views:	186
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	86891  
Old 06-26-2010, 06:58 AM

Have I made baby quilts? Thats what most of my quilts have been. I really think it was something in the water around here. For years I knew at least one person who is pregnant! The last one was for my youngest grandson and it was appliqued animals on 8" blocks.
I always make up my own patterns and make them unique. Everyone liked them because while it was "in their theme" no one else had one just like it.
I have never made a full or larger quilt! Lap and twin is as big as I've dared....so far.