Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Give away your UFO's ! >

Give away your UFO's !

Give away your UFO's !

Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
My UFOs are mine to complete and I have NO desire to hand them off to anyone else. In fact, I belong to a UFO Bee and we are in a UFO Challenge to finish 1 UFO a month. I've gotten a lot done and as each one is finished it feels amazing!! I've finished a number of things and given them as gifts. Heck, I've got a quilt I started about 12 years ago that I will finish for my soon-to-be-born granddaughter.

I have friends who have passed their UFOs along to others or donated them to Charity (local guild) but that isn't for me. Maybe because my UFOs did not become that way because I hated what I was working on but because other things
interrupted the process or I needed to learn a new technique in order to complete the quilt. Or because I hit the stage where I need to sandwich them. I hate that part!
Tiffany, I echo your sentiments. I procrastinate when it comes to the sandwiching stage and then get started on something else, etc., etc, etc. I fully INTEND to finish each and every one of them some day.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:04 AM

I would like some of your finished blocks or kits and some of the Victorian material or blocks or kits. I am new to quilting and I am on a fixed income. I could possibly pay the postage. I like flowers, butterflies, muted colors. Thanks, Sherry
Old 06-26-2010, 06:53 AM

we donate them to the ufo auctions at my guilds
Old 06-26-2010, 07:34 AM

Most of my UFO's are really extended WIP's (with intended recipients - one that's her fabric!) but I have one that could be passed on...pink & white top - more or less crib size (first try at machine piecing, so not perfect by any means).

PM me if interested.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by marybs
Originally Posted by LeeAnn
Times are lean for many of us. I think we should stop hording our unloved UFO's and pass them on to quilters who would cherish them and enjoy finishing them. I have never been able to throw out my unfinished work even though I know I will not complete it. It would do my heart good to know someone else would find joy in it.

Let's dig out our incompletes and share with our friends. Think of how great it would be to see your quilt finally complete and think of the joy it would bring someone else.

What are your ideas and thoughts?

My youngest turns 18 today!!! Is he still an UFO? Some days I do cherish him and yet others......
I think I could share him....
Right now I'd be willing to mark my 19year old daughter as a UFO and trade! Lord help me!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:17 AM

Why don't we all just put a photo/price on any UFO ... and dedicate a section of
the "Classifieds" for just this purpose? UFO's could then be any size, any
pattern, etc. and you would at least be reimbursed for the progress you've
made thus far.....
Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 AM

Hi,

I am sure there are people on this board that have much less than me and almost feel bad to put myself in the "pot" so to speak. But disability does not stretch very far and I would like to both get and give.

I am interested in blocks, scraps, whatever, in 1930's fabric, civil war and reproduction.

In return I will see what I have to contribute to another.

Blessings,

Sharon
Old 06-26-2010, 10:36 AM

I'll pass as most of mine are WIPS and I like a change every now and then too.
Have fun all.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:28 AM

I'm making charity quilts for children and teens who have cancer. My DIL is a pediatric oncolgy nurse practioner and told me that there is always a need to for quilt to give comfort to the children. I can't make enough quilts. If you want to send your UFO's, scraps, batting, etc, it would be greatly appreciated. Just PM me.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:31 PM

Great idea!