Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Give away your UFO's ! >

Give away your UFO's !

Give away your UFO's !

Old 06-26-2010, 04:02 PM

I have projects that I started a while back, but I find that even if I return to them 6 months or a year later tht my skills have grown, and what seemed to be put away for one reason or another, turns into a fun project. It also means more when I finish a UFO, or even complete a project with fabric that was purchased several years ago! I guess that sense of completion is just very gratifying!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:52 PM
JS

Alas, I don't have one but.. if someone has one they are not happy with or just wantto give one away let me know. I think it would be neat to have a top that someone else has made. Very cool...
Old 06-26-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by shopella
I have one siting in my closit I put together it lookes nice but I have no ideas what to do with it as it is an odd shape (not done wrong just not square) It is blue with orange butterflies. anyone want it send SASE! lol!
hi , i am 77 yrs old and would love to have it to work on.... i would finish it and send u a pic of it........i hope u will consider letting me have it.....thank you. god bless you ... libby
Old 06-26-2010, 07:19 PM

I really like the idea. I have one quilt top that I started and got in way over my head with the applique part of the border and had to stop. I would seriously like to trade it for something else. I will follow the thread and see how this is going to work.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:32 PM

I would love to have your UFO's as I have just started quilting again after having to retired from work. After 3 yrs of being home I have finally found something that I love doing.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:40 PM

There is a listing that im interested in helping...."for our Troop"
I want to do one for them and later the children hosp. with any & all ufo that i receive. Thanks for letting me have your ufo's!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:51 PM

I was the recipient of an unwanted UFO.. it was great..

I have a quilting buddy who started a quilt.. got it to the point of starting to hand quilt it.. it never was her colors and she just couldn't stand spending any more time on it with hand quilting. So she gave it to me..

I finished it up and use it often.. I love it, and she loves it that I have it finished and am using it.. so pass them on if you have someone that would love to have it!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:46 PM

My sister took UFO blocks (all different sizes) we had and made a curtain for the sewing room. It turned out great. Our guild has a free table and that is where I got a couple of the UFO's so I could use them as a pattern.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by booklady
Originally Posted by marybs
Originally Posted by LeeAnn
Times are lean for many of us. I think we should stop hording our unloved UFO's and pass them on to quilters who would cherish them and enjoy finishing them. I have never been able to throw out my unfinished work even though I know I will not complete it. It would do my heart good to know someone else would find joy in it.

Let's dig out our incompletes and share with our friends. Think of how great it would be to see your quilt finally complete and think of the joy it would bring someone else.

What are your ideas and thoughts?

My youngest turns 18 today!!! Is he still an UFO? Some days I do cherish him and yet others......
I think I could share him....
Right now I'd be willing to mark my 19year old daughter as a UFO and trade! Lord help me!
When my son was in his late teens, I was told not to worry because they become human again when they turn 20. Sure enough shortly after turning 20 the miracle happened!!! LOL!
Old 06-27-2010, 03:26 AM

Our church is always looking for items to raffle at the Holiday Fair. That might be motivation for the UFOs- get them done and donate to a church to use? I know I would love it if members did that for us.