Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 06-26-2010, 05:18 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I've been sitting around with my legs propped up just as I am told. :roll:

The redness is receding a little, but the right leg is swollen almost to twice the size of the left one. On Monday, the Doppler (ultrasound of the inside of the leg from toe to groin) will show if I have a clot or clots. They also can't find the pulse in my right foot, even with a stethoscope.

I wish I was sewing. I have about 4 pieces of boom fabric I need to mail back (with their block babies). I'm sorry for the delay, they will be home before the deadline.

Thanks for your prayers and well wishes. They are important.

Hugs,
MJ
Getting better is the main thing ... blocks can wait ... I'm sure everyone will say the same thing ... *HUGS*
Old 06-26-2010, 05:39 PM

Purplemem,I wish there was something we could do, if I were there I'd come give you a big hug and maybe you and I would sit and visit and learn to take up some handwork together.
Is there some type of hand work you might enjoy? English paperpiecing or try some red-work something that you can lean back and do in a small hoop or something.
But above all rest and take care, there is plenty of time for the machine when your up to it.
Muriel
Old 06-26-2010, 05:42 PM

I received the most fun block from Sugarpumpkin today it is really neat. I sent her a piece of orange batik and she made a Dutchman Puzzle block . I love the fabric she added it fits it so well. This block really is fun.
As an added bonus, she and I are partners on another exchange this month as well and she made me a wonderful star block in
Old Glory r/w/b. I absolutely love both of these.
Muriel
Old 06-27-2010, 03:59 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Glad to hear it. :) Best, best wishes across the pond to you, MJ! You are in my thoughts.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:16 AM

OH MJ I am so sorry to hear that things are not well again :-( I had so hoped that all was getting better and you would not have to go through this torture again :-( I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. As it has already been said you take care of YOU!! If I was there I would give you a great big hug and sit and have some tea :-)
Muriel-Izabella is doing much better thank you. She finally finally started eating pretty decently about Wednesday of this week. She goes to her new day care on Monday. It is more of a preschool type setting than she was previously in sooo...hopefully this will keep her busier and happier during the day while daddy and I work.
She is not snoring anymore while sleeping and is definitely getting a deeper sleep I think as she is sleeping longer than she used to now.
My IH has been acting up again in May and June. I was having some issues with shadows in my left peripheral vision. I went to my neuro-op and she told me there is no permanent damage to my eyes at this point but I should go see my neuro-surgeon to make sure the shunt is still working right as my eyes have never been the best indicator to my pressure levels. She told me if I continue to have increased headaches in either duration or intensity to go see him...we shall see.
On top of all of this I got the news on Thursday that I may have cervical cancer. They are doing some test on Thursday (can't remember the name of it) to see if it has spread in to the uterus or not yet and if so it will mean a complete hysterectomy for me at 30. All I can say is I am so blessed to already have my daughter. I had a very close bout with cervical cancer about 5 years ago so I have a feeling this time it is more than a close bout...time shall tell I guess.
I am trying to stay positive and keep my chin up but it always seems like life wants to get the best of me. All I can do is smile and say "Yes I can handle this and I am going to be one of the strongest women to ever walk this earth!"
Sorry for the vent and sorry for not posting sooner...I just have not been able to gather my thoughts well enough.
I thank each and every one of you for your continued thoughts and prayers. You all mean so very much to me!
Hugs
April
Old 06-27-2010, 04:22 AM

April,
I survived cervical cancer and you will, too. It is disheartening to lose your childbearing capabilities, I think that was much more traumatic than the surgery for me. I was 28, with one child. I adopted two more later.

You are a survivor with a purpose! Take a deep breath and keep on walking! We are right beside you trudging along, you are never alone.
Hugs,
MJ
Old 06-27-2010, 04:22 AM

PS I have finished 3 more blocks to mail tomorrow. Maybe I can get more done tonight :-)
Tink-I have tried contacting Krazy but with no luck. I will continue to try though.
Hugs
April
Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 AM

April,
I survived cervical cancer and you will, too. It is disheartening to lose your childbearing capabilities, I think that was much more traumatic than the surgery for me. I was 28, with one child. I adopted two more later.

You are a survivor with a purpose! Take a deep breath and keep on walking! We are right beside you trudging along, you are never alone.
Hugs,
MJ
Thanks MJ for such kind and thoughtful words :-) I continue to tell myself everything has a reason and a purpose! This too we shall overcome. I appreciate you trudging along beside me-it means more to me than you will ever know!
Hugs
April
Old 06-27-2010, 09:59 AM

April, I can only bow to purplemem's words of wisdom and love. Please know you are in my heart and in my thoughts.