Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My First Dear Jane Blocks >

My First Dear Jane Blocks

My First Dear Jane Blocks

Old 06-28-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
Yes, I made the quilt all by hand and hand quilted it. It was in the Paducah, KY show but I was a runner up. It took me years to make. I am glad you like it. I love hand work and I see how its getting left behind with all the machine quilters out there now.
Your work is so impressive and remember, nothing takes the place of handwork. I piece and quilt by machine but I treasure every handworked quilt I have. Treasures is how I describe them!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Here is another one I made today:

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/...7bdda9341e.jpg[/img]

Cheers!
Rachel
I am watching with excitement as you pose pics of you blocks - I think they are wonderful!
Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 AM

Thanks these babies are addictive! :)

Rachel
Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM

Hi all!! I am so excited to be starting a Dear Jane quilt, I am not sure how quickly i will get it done, but it'll be fun to work on it anyway. I have been talking with all the girls that are doing it together here on the board, and they have been so helpful!! I don't think I can catch up to their schedule, but it'll still be fun to have them for support!! Anyway i wanted to share my designs and my first blocks here if you don't mind!! I am making two quilts at once, the rainbow one will be my test quilt, it will be made with muslin and scraps and will give me the chance to practice the blocks before I make my real quilt the blue and orange one. I had fun making these blocks, it is M-11. Not too too hard, I only had to unsew once!! :) The blocks aren't perfect, but I am totally okay with that LOL If you aren't familiar with Dear Jane, these blocks will finish at 4.5 inches, so the pieces are small.

Thanks for looking and reading all that!!
Cheers!
Rachel
Hi, I am happy to say I am also making a Dear Jane. I bought the book and am hand piecing them row by row. Most I guess are paper piecing but I haven't enjoyed my paper piecing trials. I guess its not for me. Yours look beautiful. They look perfect enough to me. Here are my first 2 rows assembled. I am trying to get as close to Jane's colors as I can.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-84920.jpe
Views:	26
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	84925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-84921.jpe
Views:	26
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	84926  
Old 06-30-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
Hi all!! I am so excited to be starting a Dear Jane quilt, I am not sure how quickly i will get it done, but it'll be fun to work on it anyway. I have been talking with all the girls that are doing it together here on the board, and they have been so helpful!! I don't think I can catch up to their schedule, but it'll still be fun to have them for support!! Anyway i wanted to share my designs and my first blocks here if you don't mind!! I am making two quilts at once, the rainbow one will be my test quilt, it will be made with muslin and scraps and will give me the chance to practice the blocks before I make my real quilt the blue and orange one. I had fun making these blocks, it is M-11. Not too too hard, I only had to unsew once!! :) The blocks aren't perfect, but I am totally okay with that LOL If you aren't familiar with Dear Jane, these blocks will finish at 4.5 inches, so the pieces are small.

Thanks for looking and reading all that!!
Cheers!
Rachel
Hi, I am happy to say I am also making a Dear Jane. I bought the book and am hand piecing them row by row. Most I guess are paper piecing but I haven't enjoyed my paper piecing trials. I guess its not for me. Yours look beautiful. They look perfect enough to me. Here are my first 2 rows assembled. I am trying to get as close to Jane's colors as I can.
Your blocks look wonderful!! I use this method for paper piecing:

http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

I find it so much easier to do than regular paper piecing. I omit steps 2 and 3. I just fold it when I need to. But I really like this method, it works so well for me!

There is a thread on the board where all of us are posting pics of the blocks we are making. Many of the girls are on a schedule, but many of us are not. :) This is such a huge undertaking, it’s nice to have the ladies round here for support!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28063-253.htm

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 10-17-2010, 06:21 AM

I did two more today!! Yay!

B-13
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/...818ac0cd8f.jpg[/img]

C-12
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/...64de08b967.jpg[/img]

Rachel