Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much time do you average per day quilting? >

How much time do you average per day quilting?

How much time do you average per day quilting?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:38 AM

I go every day to my sewing room but do not always do what I intended to do, the quilting Message Board takes me away from my quilting, and I love it
Old 06-28-2010, 01:55 PM

Wow I am lucky if I get in three hours a week. I figure it is a successful day if I can spend the whole day in my sewing room.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 PM

my sewing Dungen is in basement and not much light down there. I don't like being down there . Seems there's boogy men walking around upstairs and im the only one here. so I sew till i scare myself real good or my back starts hurting. :)
Old 06-28-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Baird
Not nearly enough.

I've been working on building my website for the past year. 'Only just recently gotten back to the machine...you can see what I've done here...

http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...-patterns.html

It felt SO-O-O-O good to sit at the machine for a couple of days. The applique was designed by my Mother for our first applique pattern before she died in December, unexpectedly. It's taken me awhile be able to look at some of the stuff we were working on.

So my next project is to spend some time analyzing what I need to do for the website, what I need to do for the design side of the business, what I need to do for ME and my family.

But quilting every day has to get back into the schedule. I'm just plain nicer to everyone and easier to live with when I've had a chance to quilt.

Julie
Julie,
Fantastic website. As a beginner I have shied away from applique but your method looks easy! And all the other useful information is great. Thank you. I bookmarked the page.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by tmg
It depends on whats going on that day. I wake up early (that's what I get for being an early raiser) so I get on the board and spend at least 2 to 3 hours here be for I get hubby up for work. During the week when I'm not working. I do some house work first then I will sew for awhile. When I need a break about every hour or so. Then I will get on the board and see whats going on spend about 30 min. or so I don't time myself my body will tell me. I will do more house work (have to with 3 kids at home for the summer my house is never clean well its never really clean).
Make it "clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy". Don't know where I heard that but it's important. I used to obsess about a clean house. Now it's picked up daily but clean? I always tell visitors to make sure they put anything back in the same dust hole it came out of on the shelf.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:28 PM

Well, I do spend time every day in my Sewing Hole as I called it but some days no sewing! I have 4 bears to get done this week made out of old shirts for a friend's son who FIL passed a few weeks ago. So no other sewing and none tonight. Going a on bus trip to Shipshewana,In tomorrow for the day, 2 quilt shops there VBG!
Old 06-28-2010, 04:31 PM

I am sewing about 3-4 hours a day, mostly using a Singer treadle. I can hear the TV much better that way.
Sharon W.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:23 PM

Iam retired and a very busy lady at that...but i try to go into my sewing room at least 2 hours a day..sometimes i just sew for an hour and the rest i play...looking at magazines,,books..patterns etc...sio i really dont get a whole lot done..recently i decided i need to get going here so now i am sewing more..less playing..and using up my stash...i go to my lqs about once a week and just try to buy what i need..usually bring along my work in order to match...this is quite an effort to follow..but it does seem to work...
Old 06-28-2010, 05:41 PM

I Crochet in the morning watching TV until 11am then go into my sewing room and work on my quilts until 4 or 5 pm then I come in my room and turn on the computer. (don't dare turn it on before then, or I get stuck here LOL) I spend and hour here on QB and then fix dinner or go out to dinner the back to the QB (hee hee). thats pretty much my day... oh and I love to play games on AARP

Crochet project I finished this morning
[ATTACH=CONFIG]85670[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-85665.jpe
Views:	75
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	85670  
Old 06-28-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I'm in my sewing room 6 or more hours per day. I'm not always quilting though. It's my favorite room and I like being in it. There are rooms in my house I haven't been in in weeks.
Me too, and you can tell by the fuzz bunnies and spider webs which rooms those are.
They say a clean house is the sign of a broken computer, and I believe it. ;)

But to answer the question, I go down early in the AM and work 3 or more hours, or until I start to make mistakes, then I come up and play on my 'puter.
On Fridays I hit the high spots when I clean and then go shopping. Sat I am in sewing room figuring out what to do with what I added to the stash. :thumbup: