Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
19 Quilt Shops Within 90 Minute Drive >

19 Quilt Shops Within 90 Minute Drive

19 Quilt Shops Within 90 Minute Drive

Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Originally Posted by sharon b
WOW Sounds like you had a fun 3 days :mrgreen: What did you buy ?

Yeah! Show us the good stuff.
Here you go. Other than the orange fabrics show above, I also bought some blues and more amazing is the box (6 inches deep) of quilt block kits I collected from all of the shops.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-86030.jpe
Views:	72
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	86035   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-86031.jpe
Views:	74
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	86036  
Old 06-28-2010, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
Sounds like a wonderful time, although I'd be zonked just finding parking at all those shops. Do you have a link to that shop hop so we can see all the stores you've been visiting?
Here's the link:
http://www.washingtonquiltshophop.com/

DH is driving us around today, he'll get his passport stamped and pick up blocks as we go, too.
Thanks for the link. I had no idea there were so many shops around here. I have been to a few but wow. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:28 PM

Wow, I had no idea there were so many quilt shops around me. In the past 3 days, driving no where that would be more than 90 minutes from my house, I have visited 19 quilt shops, and there are more!
how far are you from bremerton wa? our middle son is out there, and we may be going to visit him and the dreaded dil sometime in the fall....

it would be good if i had a back up plan to spending time with her... i usually have bitten my tongue so hard its blistered when we leave!
Old 06-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Banned

WOW I would be in dream land. God bless. Penny
Old 06-28-2010, 03:41 PM

how far are you from bremerton wa? our middle son is out there, and we may be going to visit him and the dreaded dil sometime in the fall....

it would be good if i had a back up plan to spending time with her... i usually have bitten my tongue so hard its blistered when we leave![/quote]

Ooohhhh, tons in that area. Be sure to go to Quilted Straight in Port Gamle and to the Kingston Quilt Shop in Kingston. You could easily make a very nice day trip visiting those two and their surroundings. Also, a day in Poulsbo would be a treat. And it's only about a 45 minute drive from Bremerton to Tacoma where there are 7 or 8 quilt shops.

If you like classes, you might go online and check for some at the nearby shops on the dates you will be here.

And PM me if you want, we could meet up. Lots of others from the Bremerton area on this list, too.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Banned

OHHH! I will be doing this in August once I found out my husband was not able to go on our vacation I looked up how many quilt shops where in northern Washington and in 15 miles from where we are stay there are over 20 shops!! I cannot wait to go through the washington list so I can see the ones around me! Thank you!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:33 PM

Hmmmm....good to know! DS and (almost) DIL are moving to Auburn after their wedding. It's not that far from here. Hope they have a guest room!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 PM

I've been doing the Western Washington Shop Hop. I think we'll hit like 15 more tomorrow. Don't know if I'll be able to do anymore on Sunday or not!

I've been collecting orange fabric for a quilt for my son. Here's what I have:
Oooo, pretty-I love brights!
I'm planning to try a shop hop the last of September, South Eastern states. Don't know how far from home I'm going to venture, my 15 year old daughter and I are just going on a road trip and see what happens.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM

Wow, bet your charge card is smoking after all that!

We have seven quilt shops within a half hour of my house and that is more than I can handle, or should I say the budget can handle.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM

Oh my those are some stunning fabrics, I love em!

There must be some serious quilters in your area to support 19 quilt shops.

I was going to say that I am green with envy (I am over your orange fabrics tho) but decided it is best that I have no LQS near me, it saves me lots of money. OK there is a Joanns but that isn't the same as a 'quilt shop', the choices are too limited.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA