Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fusible Fleece headache.... >

Fusible Fleece headache....

Fusible Fleece headache....

Old 06-28-2010, 07:25 AM

Its only 3.99 a yard here in Phoenix, too, and it comes doubled like fabric does. Pre heat iron, set on hottest setting whatever it is. Fusible side up, then fabric on it, wrong side down of the fabric, then slowly iron. Make sure you have plenty of water in your iron's water holder. My Black and Decker iron is quite old yet it works well.

I even use the fusible batting for smaller quilts, so it doesn't shift when quilting it down. When purchase regular quilt batting, I also use the spray can of adhesive, and still lightly pin it on top, using the walking foot on my Sears Kenmore Machine an older 148 free arm model with its short shank. from, Debbie, Phoenix, AZ
Old 06-28-2010, 10:25 AM

I never knew this much about fusible. Thanks for all of the info.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Batting and spray for me too! Too expensive to do it otherwise!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:21 PM

This is how I use it and have never had a problem with it. I've made many purses using the fusible fleece and it works great. But, I've only fused it on with this method. I think because there is more direct contact. Hope this helps!!

Originally Posted by Pam B
When you are fusing the fleece you should put it on the ironing board with the fusible side up. Then lay your fabric on it with the right side up. Press the fabric...be sure to hold your iron in each place long enough. It should fuse well enough to hold while you are quilting it.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:36 PM

I think my post amy have been the one you saw a few days back. I too had a terrible time with it sticking. My iron was as hot as possible and I left in on the fabric as long as I could. tried both sides too. Mine was the 978 and it was $8 a yard though I did have a coupon. I do have some left that I'm going to try with a steam iron but if it doesn't work 100% better then I can spend the little I have for my hobby more wisely.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:53 PM

I am doing a whole emboridered quilt using the fusible, the trick to getting it to stick is using a damp cloth , 5 seconds like it says and works great. If I don't use a damp cloth, it does come up, but still no puckers. about $3 a yard
Old 06-28-2010, 07:03 PM

I've used it in 2 bow tucks already and had no issues. I used the cotton setting and held it in each place for at least 10 seconds. It's worked great thus far! I have a new pattern and the material to make it so I'm planning to use it again. Sorry it isn't working well for you!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I tried the wool setting, leaving it on a loooong time, using steam, sprayed the fabric for more steam... and it still came loose in big areas and caused puckers...
What if you sprayed basted it with quilt spray?