Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 06-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
April,
You are a survivor with a purpose! Take a deep breath and keep on walking! We are right beside you trudging along, you are never alone.
Hugs,
MJ
purplemem, don't you DARE get up on that leg! let us do the walking ... you just sit and cheer us on from the sofa, okay?

:idea: here's a thought: maybe we can all send you some old-fashioned pom-pons that you can shake and wave at us as we walk this walk with April! ;-)

To all of you: TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES! This swap is important and fun, but it's only fun if you're here to participate! So take care of yourselves that we can have even more fun with our next swap.

Odessa
(climbing off soapbox, muttering about "how grown up ladies can sometimes act as if they are superheroes and their health doesn't matter ... these supercapes don't protect us from EVERYTHING, don't they know that????" as she heads off to next crisis awaiting her special brand of perspective ........)
Odessa,
Instead of pom poms could you make it FQs? I'll gladly wave them at you! :lol:

Went to hospital today for tests, Good news! they didn't keep me! Doctor will call later with more info. :roll:

You DO have a special perspective...how did you acquire such - ahem- lofty knowledge?

Buddy's Mom-tell April and SIL and Izzy we love them and are supporting them with thoughts and prayers and positive vibes.

I WILL quilt this weekend, I've got the bug back! I will find a way to suspend my leg for 30 minutes at a time.

Hugs to all! MJ
MJ, this made me smile! As for my "- ahem - lofty knowledge", it is a trade secret of Superheromoms everywhere! ;) ;) . Good to know your leg is feeling better after elevation. Yes, waving FQ's instead of pom pons is acceptable. I'll be watching the sidelines carefully to insure you are sitting there with legs elevated!

I don't know if this will help, but several years ago when I had foot surgery, I returned to work 2 days later in a cast and on crutches. As a secretary, you can just imagine how much sitting I do every day (and yes, my derriere is a testament to just how much sitting I actually do! :lol: ), but I needed to keep that foot elevated. What I did was take in a big throw pillow intended for my couch and balanced it on top of a clean trash can and then put my leg on top of that. I could sit that way with the foot elevated and still type and do transcription with the other foot on the floor to operate the foot pedal. I think you could do this while you sew, which should help you to get your sewing done while following doctor's orders.

Hope the docs call you with good news soon. Hang in there!
Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 PM

Odessa,
The garbage can pillow is a great suggestion. As for the foot pedal - I don't have one! I have one of those super cool machines that has a on/off button. Just push it and it goes! My brother bought it for me when I was confined to the wheelchair at the first of the year. No legs needed at all!

I just haven't figured out the mechanics of an elevated leg, and, really haven 't felt like doing much. Each day is getting better!

:shock: :shock: :shock: I'm looking for those pom-pons :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
Old 06-28-2010, 07:00 PM

They're on the way! In fact, I think (if memory serves correctly ... which is a little bit doubtful as I have a serious case of what I call "collander brain": holes in the brain that allow bits and pieces of information leak out when I am not looking :oops: ) I finished your Boom Block last night, so I'll tuck in some fabric poms for you in the envie, too!

And I'm jealous of your machine with the fancy on/off switch ... I can't even conceive of such an animal. You're very lucky.

Keep those legs elevated!

And now to Miss April -- good to know you're resting and taking care of yourself. I'll bet Princess Izabella is a great Nurse's Aide! Will continue to pray for more healing and that the Doctors can come up with the best solution for you with the least pain and side effects. Take care of yourself, my friend.

Odessa
Old 06-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Purplemem, glad your block made it this time and you like it. Your fabric was beautiful.
Kysmommy, have you ever received your block? I may have missed the post, hope it was't lost in the mail.
April I hope you get feeling better.
Hugs all around,
Muriel
Old 06-28-2010, 07:07 PM

[looking out the window :shock: with my nose pressed against the glass]
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? I want my squishy!!!

[Hear voice in the background, "it's bedtime!" "come to bed"]

[scurries off to put on pjs, stops to look out window one more time]

"I'll be there in a minute!"

[window has fresh nose prints :shock: ]
Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 PM

[looking out the window :shock: with my nose pressed against the glass]
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? I want my squishy!!!

[Hear voice in the background, "it's bedtime!" "come to bed"]

[scurries off to put on pjs, stops to look out window one more time]

"I'll be there in a minute!"

[window has fresh nose prints :shock: ]
LMAO!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;)
Old 06-28-2010, 08:18 PM

Salmon that is a very beautiful quilt in the making!! And I love all the blocks you have made..maybe we do a drawing one the lucky winner could make a quilt out of them all!! LOL!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:53 AM

purplemem----That was too funny.....LMBO
Old 06-29-2010, 05:32 AM

Okay, MJ, your block is on its way. Get your dirty nose prints off the window (no wonder the view out your window is "getting old" -- you can't see anything!). And you too, Salmonsweet. Hopefully it arrives 'cross the pond quickly. Hope you both like them.

Odessa
Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Okay, MJ, your block is on its way. Get your dirty nose prints off the window (no wonder the view out your window is "getting old" -- you can't see anything!). And you too, Salmonsweet. Hopefully it arrives 'cross the pond quickly. Hope you both like them.

Odessa
My nose, too?!... Squishie coming, lala la lala! :D