Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husquavarna Sewing machines >

Husquavarna Sewing machines

Husquavarna Sewing machines

Old 06-30-2010, 04:09 AM

make sure you are "cleanning "your bobbin are often.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:15 AM

I have a Viking Sapphire 830. Had it for a little over a year and loved it but then had a problem with the feed dogs and they had to send it to the main plant in US (some place down south) to fix it. It was still under warranty, so they replaced the whole feed dog system at no charge (which was a good thing!) It took about 7 weeks to get it back and I just couldn't wait that long to sew again so I went out and bought a Janome 6600P and figured it was good to have a backup anyway just in case this ever happened again. Needless to say, I've never used my Viking again since I got the Janome. I am also in the Boston area, feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, I'd be happy to help if I can.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 AM

Thanks again for the great replies.

Honchey: I think my problem is the thread catching somewhere in the tension discs when I follow the shreaded thread backwards from the needle. I use a DirtDevil Kwik small vacuum for electronics and clean my bobbin area everyday. Can you elaborate a little on the thin ribbon suggestion--I think the tension discs are the first "down" place for thread right (not the place where the thread goes up, hooks, then goes down towards the needle.) I can see a disc-is this where I pull the thin ribbon through?

Sorry to ask so many questions and I will take my machine in as soon as I finish 2 baby quilts (commissions) that MUST be done by mid-July. My machine is overdue for it'ts check up--kind of like me and my Pap smear LOL.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:52 AM

I have the sapphire 870. I got it about 2 years ago. I love it! I'm sure there are better machines out there but I am quite happy with mine. I love the fact that there is no foot lift lever. You get used to it. When I took "Vicki" in for her spa treatment (annual cleaning) I used my old machine for 5 days. WOW...did I miss all the special features of my 870, especially the auto cut and the no foot lever. I highly recommend taking yours in for regular service for best performance and doing a good bobbin area cleaning with each bobbin change.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
Hi, I purchased a Husquavarna Sapphire machine about a year ago. Anyone out there have one and could we swap advice? Stories, ect?
Thanks
Take the classes you will be glad you did. I have a Designer 1 and love it.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM

I agree with the "classes"
Old 06-30-2010, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I think my problem is the thread catching somewhere in the tension discs when I follow the shreaded thread backwards from the needle.
I'd be really interested in what your technician says about this - I think thread was getting caught in the tension disks, too, but my Viking dealer said it wasn't my problem.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:05 AM

Try slowing the speed of the machine down before winding bobbins it makes for much nicer bobbin winding. I do it on my vikings and my brother.

Suzy
Old 06-30-2010, 06:10 AM

I have not been mindful of what type of thread I'm using so I'll be more aware now. I have tried to put a little white round paper reinforcer on the bobbin tops to remind myself what thread is in the bobbin. Does anyone know where to find what the weight of the thread is? I have looked and only sometimes find it. Any hints?
Originally Posted by Honchey
Charlene What kind of thread are you using? It might be the thread.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:15 AM

The tech said that on some Sapphires 830's there can be a problem with the discs and re-threading sometimes helps. I've seen elsewhere that older threads can be a problem. Don't remember anything else specifically that he said right now on those discs except for mentioning lint, perhaps it's gettngstuck in there too. A little vacuuming may help?
Originally Posted by Hinterland
Originally Posted by janRN
I think my problem is the thread catching somewhere in the tension discs when I follow the shreaded thread backwards from the needle.
I'd be really interested in what your technician says about this - I think thread was getting caught in the tension disks, too, but my Viking dealer said it wasn't my problem.