Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 06-30-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Odessa,
Are you looking IN my windows? :shock: Are you a Peeping Odessa?

LOL! If you could see my windows, they have noseprints from about 38 inches down, some from me :roll: , some from my 3 dogs.

I won't tell you which is which.
Hahahahahahaha! No wonder your view out the window is gettin' old!!!!

We ARE a little silly here, aren't we? But that's okay! I tell my kids all the time: if we were all carbon copies of one another, this would be a very dull world! It's like making a quilt: if everyone was muslin, it would be okay, but the more colors you use, the more vibrant your quilt is. So I like to add a little zing and punch now and again .... kind of like tossing a shard of lemon yellow into a black & white quilt, or hot pink, or lime green .....

Yay!!!

So many, many colors! Such beautiful quilts to make!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:13 AM

I gots TWO squishies today! :shock:

{jumping up and down in her mind}

I got two beautiful blocks today, one from Neoma and one from Sugarpumpkin. These are so pretty, what a wonderful quilt I will have.

Hugs to you all,
MJ
Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 AM

Glad you like it MJ!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:55 AM

Glad you liked block MJ,that was quick only mailed Monday.I hope you are being a good girl with your legs up.!!!!!neoma
Old 06-30-2010, 01:15 PM

Wow! Looks like a lot h as been going on lately.

Purplemem - glad to hear you are starting to stabilize and get better. Please take care of yourself. (I know it's got to be near impossible to be cooped up for so long. I would be climbing the walls!)

April I hope they find something that works for your headaches. You have done an amazing job with these last two swaps. Thank you for you hard work and deidcation.

I will keep you (and Hoppy's daughter and anyone else who needs it!) in my thoughts. I love stopping by to check in with everyone and seeing all the wonderful blocks.

:)
Old 06-30-2010, 05:42 PM

Mosher - I just finished your block -- I will hopefully mail it Friday or Saturday (as soon as I finish my snowman swap blocks)

That's it! With the exception of Mosher, EVERYONE should have thier blocks from me. I'm still awaiting confirmation of reciept from:
Aardvark
cjt_mama
Nancy in Lousiana
neoma

If you all would like, I can make a list of who I am waiting on blocks from -- but really I'm in no hurry. I have 15 projects laid out on my floor, 3 in a cubby waiting to be quilted, and at least another 15 in bins waiting on me to start. I won't get to this quilt for quite some time.

=)
Old 06-30-2010, 06:39 PM

ok I finally got 2 blocks made today, it was like pulling teeth to get started but they both turned out fairly nice so I'm happy. Just been having a really hard time motivating.

So MishnJim your block will be in the mail tomorrow.
Sugarpumpkin I made your Quilt Bee block as well and mailed it today so be checking the mail come the weekend.
Muriel
Old 06-30-2010, 06:59 PM

Muriel, I have to agree about hard to get motivated...and coffee isn't keeping me going any more...hmmmm.

April so glad you are better...praying for you!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:08 PM

Wow....I have not even been able to check in over the past week and it seems there are so many having problems just as I am. MJ please take care of yourself. April I hope you find some relief soon and you and Izzy are in my prayers.

I do hope everyone is doing well and you are enjoying your summer. I am struggling to get my blocks done on time. I promise to try as best I can but life has gone nuts and to be honest I have been too tired and too stressed to even think about sewing. DH has been sick for nearly two weeks and refusing to go to the doctor's. He is terrified of needles and knew they would want to draw blood. When I finally got him there last Thurs his blood sugar had skyrocketed to 670. Needless to say he has been very ill. We have gotten it down to between 280 and 300 today but he is still feeling very ill. At least he is lucid and making sense now. But to complicate things the high sugar has caused him some very painful sores. I am scared to death of this and worn out from trying to care for him.

I promise to try to get more sewing down as he is feeling better and I will do my absolute best to have all your blocks back to you on time. I am so sorry if I do not make it.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:17 PM

My Owe Out List :oops:

Nancy In LA
Star
Dettonlisas
Mishnjim
Loving Isabella
Buddys Mom
ctj_mama
kysmommy
Odessa
sewcornie
Neoma
Jane Cat
KBunn
CraftsbyRobin
Goldendog55
Aardvarq
Mosher92

I owe each of you an apology as I overloaded...now I can't seem to motivated again. i will make myself sit down and get busy over the next few days and try to get as many out as possible!