Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I dreamed of my mother last night. >

I dreamed of my mother last night.

I dreamed of my mother last night.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:59 PM

Yes, and it is real.

Blessings,

Sharon
Old 07-02-2010, 05:45 PM

I believe your mother came to visit you in your dream. I truly believe those who have passed on do get to come visit us, check on us because that connection of love is so strong.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Everything in a dream can be rationalized away as something, but they can't rationalize away that special feeling that it leaves you with. I believe you should go with your feelings. There is just not enough evidence to prove it other wise.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:22 PM

what a beautiful dream, my mom passed on in 2005, and when I dream of her she always has that smile she always had. My dreams remind me that she is still watching over me. She left us in her wordly body but her spirit still lives in my heart, thoughts and dreams. And yes one day I will see her again. Love You Mom. I believe your dream was a visit from your mom. Enjoy your dreams.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:21 AM

When Mom was in her casket, I spritzed her with her favorite perfume. I kept that nearly-empty little bottle in my bathroom & would remove the cap & sniff it occasionally, even though the fragrance was pretty much gone. Years later, as I was finishing before-bed routine of flossing & teeth brushing, etc., I gradually became definitely aware of Mom's fragrance in the bathroom. It absolutely had not been there when I'd entered the room several minutes before! THANKS, MOM - I cherished your visit! Please come to me again. (Your old perfume bottle is still here.)
Old 07-03-2010, 12:46 PM

My mother told me of the dream she had about my grandfather, her father-in-law. He came to her one night. She doesn't remember what he said but she does remember how mad she was at him. She was still angry when she woke up. Two weeks later, my sister lost her 23yo son in a car accident. Mom thinks that Grandpa came to warn her. My sister was his favorite grandchild and she would need her mother more than ever. Mom has thought of that dream often because it was so vivid. It's been a year and a half now and my sister is still having a hard time.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:07 AM

I definitely believe you were visited by your Mom. My husband passed away in Nov. 2008 and he would visit me whenever I was having a hard time, missing him. He was so healthy in my dreams! When he passed over, he came to me that same night and for a nano-second, I was able to glimpse the "peace that passeth all understanding" - I felt such an overwhelming sense of love and peace. It truly helped me deal with his passing, as it was sudden, quick and totally unexpected. I haven't heard from him in awhile, but I'm okay with it. He also sends me songs, via the radio, like messages of love from him. I truly believe that this happens to a lot of people, to help ease the pain of their passing. I had also had a dream, prior to his passing. I woke up thinking " Death of a salesman" - my husband sold life insurance. And I kept dreaming of a crash and I said no, a crash would leave us without a car and he could have easily passed over while driving, as he had large blood clots that stopped his heart and lungs-he passed at home in the hallway. Life is truly strange.But I know he's in a better place and pain free.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:54 AM

This isn't about a dream, as I already wrote about that, but this is about the night my brother died. My brother had a condition that left him rather bitter about God for a very long time. He had a lot of questions about the whys of life, and no answers, but toward his last year to live he was terrified of going to sleep for fear he wouldn"t wake. As I tried to comfort him in his last hours, he was very angry. and downright hateful, but he looked at me once and said, "Mom". I look a lot like Mom, so I just thought he was confused, so I talked to him like he was my child, and it seemed to calm him. He slipped into a coma state , and my sister and I waited. Suddenly the most heart-rending sound came from him and I ran to his side thinking it was the pain, but as I leaned toward him, what I saw was a smile and tears pouring from his eyes, and the sound was him sobbing and laughing at the same time. It is something I will never forget. I had some doubts about loved ones coming to fetch us" Home" , but I've never doubted since that night, that my Mom came to take my brother Home. Mom was a woman of great Christian beliefs, and I know she had tried to talk to my brother about God, and she knew the torment he went through for so long , trying to find his answers. Well, in that final minute for my dear brother, Mom was there and he finally had his answer.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
This is not strange to me at all. Your mother was in your room. On your dresser to the left do you have a small vase with a flower? next to it a bluish bottle? there is a window to the right of your bed and either a bench or chair under the window. if I am right let me know. There is also something with yellow either she was buried in it, it was her fav color or your bedroom has yellow.
Trupeach,You sound like someone I would very much like to know!!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:24 AM

I dream of my folks all the time. These are my good dreams. You're fortunate to have these kinds of dreams.