Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you dye your gray hair & other grooming secrets >

Do you dye your gray hair & other grooming secrets

Do you dye your gray hair & other grooming secrets

Old 07-02-2010, 12:17 PM

I was born with natural red hair, as were my two sons.
Unfortunately, the youngest and I both started to darken
hair when we started to school.

I am still a red head, sorta, and will remain that way as
long as I can find L'Oreal in the stores.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:20 PM

After reading this thread and saying no I do not dye my hair I had my GF add highlights today, Woa when it was wet it was ORANGE! Not so bad after I dried it. My hair is short so it grows out fast. I kinda like it tho! Gives me a whole different look and hides that salt in the pepper!!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:39 PM

I haven't seen my natual hair color since I was 25! I am 55 now and I still color my hair just because it would take too long to grow out. No makeup or nail polish ,and only makeup if I am going somewhere special. Also no bra unless I am going out of the house LOL
Old 07-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Only my hairdresser knows LOL
Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Decided to stop dying my hair 10 yrs ago..Was dark brunette and now is almost all over Silver...I actually buy shampoo to make the silver stand out...People compliment on it all the time...had to dye every three weeks...got to be a pain in the neck..
Old 07-02-2010, 05:07 PM

i have coarse curly hair that hangs just about to my waist... the natural color used to be the red of an irish setter, but now i have to get that out of a bottle...
i found my first grey hair when i was taking my sat test... in 1978.

i have thought about stopping, but the only way i can think to do it is cut the hair off... then i'd have to "do" my hair @ 500 am b4 work.... i don't think i want to get up early for that!

have my nails done every 3 weeks, no fail, can't sew, type, garden anything without them... they've been on so long

being a really fair redhead, i look a lot like a corpse without at least a little blusher on... that being said, i'm on vacation this week, and not putting on any!!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:14 PM

Ok, you asked for it. I have a hair puller (epilady) and used it a few times on my legs. We have been remodeling forever, and it was lost. I found it this week and de-haired my legs and it went pretty well.

I had the bright idea to do my underarms. Now I have very little body hair and away I go, started with the left arm (right handed), hurt like hell and fool that I am I started on the right. A few tear later I go to the bathroom to admire my hairless pits, I have bright red blood spots under both arms. I used cortisone cream for several days.

I will dye my hair as long as there is a bottle of anything on the shelf in the stores. Love slut red toe nails but right now have pink per hubby's wish.

Make up at times, jewerly on occassion but love nice underwear.

Blessings,

Sharon
Old 07-02-2010, 05:20 PM

I'm 57 and totally have white hair. It started turning when I was in my 20s-as did my mother's and sisters'. I do not dye my hair, but use a shampoo to make the silver shine. I get lots of compliments on it. Recently I was at a software sampler club and this woman rushed over to me after the meeting. She said, "I just had to tell you how beautiful your hair is!" I have natural waves in my hair and it has lots of body. My silver hair suits me. I'm glad that I decided early on to grow old gracefully. It's a lot less stressful!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:23 PM

I used to use the shampoo in color when I was in my 30's. Then about 20 years ago, hubby asked if a dog had pee-peed on my head as my hair color had washed out some and was looking this funny yellow mixed among the brown. Well (nose out of joint) I stopped coloring it.
HazelJane, my "girls" look at the floor now days. I'm 66.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:28 PM

I used to dye my hair but I quite to find out what color my hair is, and because my sisters are going gray at 24 and 28. I haven't gone gray yet, but will most likely just be natural even then.
I used to get manicures every couple of weeks, now it might be once a month. And I used to spray my hair so high back in the ninties that my Dad used to laugh at me. I laughed too.