Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HUGE Ironing board >

HUGE Ironing board

HUGE Ironing board

Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by dmackey
Originally Posted by Bessie
Originally Posted by sandiphi
Bessie, if you right click on the picture, you should get a menu that gives you the option to rotate the picture clockwise or counter clockwise.
Thank you very much for this suggestion, but I have done the right click and selected rotate and it is still not happening. It may be the Vista program that is not allowing it. I have had other issues with photos on other programs. Will have to be sure I have vertical shots of what I want to post so I don't have this problem.
Thank you very much for your instructions. I believe my problem is that I was not saving it, so I will try that next time.
Bessie,

Are you saving the picture AFTER it is rotated? If you don't save it and give it another name, (or choose "save changes" to the original file name), it will revert back to it's original position.

If you open the photo named "Ironing board" and needs to be rotated, then rotate, then choose FILE, SAVE AS, give it a new name like "Ironing Board 1" and save it. Then open again to see if it fixed the problem.

Hope that helped.

Diane
Old 05-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
Here is your picture rotated.. Did it for you! :)
Thank you for posting it properly. So much easier to view. With others posting suggestions, I believe my problem was that I was not saving it. Will try this next time. Again, many thanks.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by sewmom
question for those of you making your own big boards and the cabinets they are on- what is the height and what type of cabinet did you use. i was looking for a dresser, but found that they were either too low or too high. mine should be about 38 or 39 inches. and then i thought i didn't want drawers but would prefer cubby holes. i'd like the board to be removable for storing because of limited space. what do you think?
Doesn't look like anyone answered you - so I will try.

My work work is on cabinets. They are 34 1/2" tall plus I have them set up on 2" bricks (to give me a little head start in case there's *any issues with water* in the basement). So it's 36 1/2". I do stand on a couple of folded up rugs to cushion my feet and legs (hate cold concrete) and make up the 2 extra inches. It's just like your kitchen cabinets (if they're 34 1/2" tall + your countertop (1 1/2") = 36"). Measure your kitchen.

My BIG BOARD is used on top of my ironing board for ironing fabrics. I LOWER the board a couple of inches from it's highest position so my ironing arm shoulder does not have to lift up when I iron. Hope that made sense.? Trying to get ergonomically correct and take it easy on a sore shoulder.

Hope that helps you.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:11 AM

My neighbor gave me the cardboard thing to use as an ironing board, I havent' done anything with it yet. Will have to try what you did and see how that works! Thanks!

My dh made me a big board!!! Love it and love him!
Old 07-02-2010, 06:10 AM

Quiltinghere, thank you for responding. So far I haven't done anything on the ironing board. I'm working on getting my stash cut into strips,FQ,FE,and on boards in my shelves- otherwise I wouldn't have room for a big board. Will probably have someone make me a cabinet, but I'll have to design it myself.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:44 AM

My husband made this ironing board top that fits over my regular Ironing board. I rarely take it off, but if I want to use the regular one, I just lift it off. As you can see my Nique loves to be on it. Thanks for those lint removers!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-83236.jpe
Views:	94
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	83241  
Old 07-03-2010, 06:50 AM

Well I feel bad I just use the ironing board. It takes a long time but it works. I quess I am going to have to make ne one. Thank you
Old 07-03-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rural City Girl
My husband made this ironing board top that fits over my regular Ironing board. I rarely take it off, but if I want to use the regular one, I just lift it off. As you can see my Nique loves to be on it. Thanks for those lint removers!
Gosh I just love your beaut. cat. I had to give up on cats yrs. ago since they didn't set well with my husb. He loved my little 6# Pekingese though. I'll bet your cat sheds just as much as my Peke though.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by Rural City Girl
Gosh I just love your beaut. cat. I had to give up on cats yrs. ago since they didn't set well with my husb. He loved my little 6# Pekingese though. I'll bet your cat sheds just as much as my Peke though.
Thank you, I think she is beautiful also. Yes, yes, yes, she is a shedder!!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:29 PM

I have a male cat,Bailey, that looks just like your cat. When I can, I'll post a picture of him on this thread.