Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat! >

4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat!

4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat!

Old 07-04-2010, 06:06 AM

I am working on a memory quilt for a friend's 60th birthday. It's my first one and so far, so good. It is cool here today so I hope to sew a lot. We don't have air conditioning, so when it is hot, I just can't face a hot iron to press seams.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:06 AM

Today, I will be cutting out some projects for a retreat next Thursday-Sunday and want to at least have some bags/totes ready to sew. If I can get the interfacings and batting cut, and all the zippers and buttons organized, maybe I'll get something done :) rusty
Old 07-04-2010, 07:01 AM

I suppose I will be frog stitching and restitching a quilt I cannot get to go together right :-( Dont know how many times I have done this and it is a simple ???? pattern IF you dont change the size lol...Will I ever learn !!!???

lyn
Old 07-04-2010, 08:10 AM

I was experimenting with a new technique yesterday, so I now have 20 large RW&B finished blocks to put together for another patriotic quilt! Will finish it today and post pics later.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:14 AM

We are having company tonight for picnic dinner and fireworks later. But mainly, I am working on an EleanorBurns pattern, my first log cabin, and find it easy, its ready to sew into rows of blocks and will be jusy=t my quilt.
Perky2
Old 07-04-2010, 08:15 AM

If I sew today I'll be working on a wedding gift (FOR SATURDAY!!!) and then my July Doll Quilt Swap.

It's also my BF & my 2-year anniversary -- not too sure he'd want to spend it with me quilting. lol

right now we're leaving to go grocery shopping. we were going to wait until tomorrow, but we're out of TP - lol - how romantic.

=)
Old 07-04-2010, 08:20 AM

2 years, how great!! We have been married over 60 years now!! Seems a very long time
Perky2
Old 07-04-2010, 08:25 AM

Hubby is working today, so I'll take advantage of the time to continue piecing a kaleidoscope quilt.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:33 AM

So far this weekend has not been a good one for sewing. We had done a major grocery shopping about 60 mi away on Friday so I had to contend with putting stuff up yesterday. All I did for sewing yesterday was finishing a binding on a tablerunner. It is due so had to be done. Label for it and another quilt today I hope. I have one ready to go on the Lizzie and numerous other things I could be doing and wishing I was doing. The weather turned to good today so doubt I am inside much. But I just want to sew sew sew! I know I am in good company!
Old 07-04-2010, 08:49 AM

I got a piece of little mermaid fabric in the mail yesterday...If I get to feeling better, I will start on a little mermaid bow tucks for my GD....As soon as she saw mine, she wanted one like it with Ariel on it!! She will be 5 next month and is as cute as a bug!!