Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you quilters are from Tennessee? >

How many of you quilters are from Tennessee?

How many of you quilters are from Tennessee?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:53 PM

I live in Clarksville, TN
Old 07-04-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by crazy cat lady
Hello from Petros! :lol:
Petros is about 15 miles west from Oak Ridge -Energy Capital of the World. Until a few months ago, Brusht Mtn. Penitentary was still open & is over the mtn. behind my house. A big part of history in Petros & the source of excitement over the years
Old 07-04-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by LuLuCat
I live in Clarksville, TN
Where in Clarksville? I lived there for 18 years. I lived across the river in Cumberland Hts.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 PM

Hello, I am a new quilter living in Cumberland Furnace, Tn., but I grew up in Hendersonville! It has changed so much from the 70's and 80's. Where do you buy your fabric?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:46 PM

I live in Del Rio (near Newport) and buy all my fabric at Holloways in Cosby and the Cherry Pit in Sevierville--both are great shops. I'm so glad to hear JoAnns will soon be in Sevierville, though, because I like to shop there for everything else. And I'm also looking forward to the Knoxville quilt show. The first quilt show I ever went to was the show in Pigeon Forge earlier this year and I was in awe of the beautiful quilts I saw there.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

I sooo envy you guys going to the Knoxville show...:sad: Can you take pics?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
sew_southern - LOL! :lol:

Originally Posted by ctack2
I want to know where the very very best place to shop is in or around Chattanooga. I'll be coming down there in September with a non-quilting friend - so will only push it enough to go to one shop.
Carol B
There may be more, but these are the shops I know of:

Hancock's on Brainerd Road

Lavender Lime on South Terrace - http://www.lavenderlimeinspires.com/

Hobby Lobby at Hamilton Place Mall (also a HL in Hixson and Dalton, but Hamilton Place has the largest store)

And I believe there's a shop in Ringgold (GA) called Sew-Bee-It. I've never been there, but they have a website. It looks like a neat store. http://www.sew-bee-it.com/

As far as which is the best, Lavender Lime is a nifty store. Hobby Lobby's probably got the largest selection, though. And Hancock's is okay overall, but the store is rather messy and the aisle are very narrow.

I heard that we're getting a Joann's this fall, but I don't know the exact date or where the store will be located.
Cleveland, TN has a small quilt shop called Hyderhangout downtown at 151 1st St and Church St -opened a couple of months ago if your in the area please stop by and see the owner Susan Hyder-Moosegirl
Old 07-06-2010, 06:31 AM

I moved from Sarasota, FL to Cleveland TN. Moosegirl
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by EdieClay
Originally Posted by Tennessee Suzi
We moved to Crossville, Tn from Knoxville 3 years ago when My husband retired. Still trying to figure that out!
I quilt on Tuesday mornings at Little Blessings Quilt Shop in Crossville. Little Blessings is just off I-40 at Exit 317. Julia teaches classes, then we work on our quilts together.
I've visited Little Blessings a couple of times on the way home to Fayetteville after being in Harriman for Christmas. I have always enjoyed looking around - different things displayed differently, you know....and always made a few purchases. I wish it were closer. A girl I work with has a quilting sister who lives in Franklin, Tennessee, and her sister absolutely fell in love with the Little Blessings shop when she stumbled across it on her way back home from Gatlinburg a year or so ago.

And somebody mentioned a shop in Harriman - didn't know there was one and will have to try to find it next time I'm there.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 AM

Loose Threads is the Shop in Harriman. she has recently expanded to include more room for classes.

she has a website you can check out, too.