Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eleanor Burns old show >

Eleanor Burns old show

Eleanor Burns old show

Old 07-04-2010, 05:29 PM

i recorded that episode and watched it recently. after the added all the blocks she
stitched around the outside edge, leaving only enough of an opening to turn it rightside out. she poked out the corners to square them off. she closed off the opening by machine and topstitched around the edges. at the time that she was adding the blocks, she was also adding sashing with the same method. . when the whole thing was rightside out she tied off the quilt at the 4 corners of the sashing, where the blocks met the sashing, at the place where the sashing crosses.

does that answer your question? was there a question? personally, i don't see the advantage in doing it that way, but i guess she does.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:21 PM

Thanks Bernice H. of Calif for he quilttv address. I just watched Eleanor Burns.....loved it. Thank you.....
Old 07-04-2010, 11:22 PM

Thankyou for the link.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I will have to check our PBS and see if we get it! She is on Wends, on one of the cable channels at 1:30, but I am always at work!
Which cable channel is she on. I live fairly close so I may be able to get it.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Oh, thats right, RFD channel, its also on at 11:30 at night, but I can never stay up to watch it!
If you have dish or cable with the dvr you can program it to record Eleanor's show and then watch it when you want to. That is what I do.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 AM

You are lucky !! We used to have Alex Anderson on our PBS. The past few years they don't have any quilting shows. Enjoy, Eleanor is fun to watch !
Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM

WOW !!!!! WOW !!!!!!! WOW !!!!! I began my quilting lessons with Eleanor Burns - and I certainly have missed her style of sewing. THANK YOU !!!!! THANK YOU !!!! THANK YOU !!!!!
Originally Posted by Bernice H in Calif
Originally Posted by craftybear
did you watch her online or on tv???

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I watched Quilt in a Day this morning and she showed how to 'turn' a quilt and tie it and then she machine stitched along the border.
then she showed how to machine her own quilt. this one was quilt as you go but she only quilted blocks on batting, the backing wasn't added until she was to put the border on.
I've always thought if i did a quilt in sections, i'd have to add backing fabric in sections too. Hmmmmm.
You can watch a lot of her programs for free at http://www.quilterstv.com
Old 07-05-2010, 03:12 PM

The QUID program is from the Almanac Quilt series. Her last episode is the one you are asking about. She bar tacked at each point where the sashing intersected with the block once she got the quilt "birthed" and straightened. This joined all three layers together so it shouldn't look puffy. I can see using SITD around each block also. It made it easier to machine quilt the blocks. I liked the way it made sections on which to machine quilt easier to manage. In So Cal we can get her on Sat am PBS and on Wed. on RFD through DISH TV. I tape her so I can see what helpful hints she gives.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Banned

thank you for the tip, and God bless. Penny
Old 07-06-2010, 05:53 AM

You can watch a lot of her video's on vimeo.com. do a search for quilt in a day and it lists all of her videos. Or maybe it's Eleanor Burns you have to search for, I can't remember. She's got tons of videos to watch. She also has video's on her quilt in a day website. But lots more on vimeo.