Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat! >

4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat!

4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat!

Old 07-05-2010, 06:07 AM

I didn't get to do any sewing or quilting.. We had a Gospel meeting and there were services morning and evening, for a week. But today I am back at it!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:13 AM

I was gone all weekend, helping to shoot two fireworks shows in 2 states. Both went very well,except the one Sat. night, started 10 separate fires. A shell with blue long burning stars was the culprit. The firetrucks were there as well as some of our crew with water packs. They stopped the show so the fires could get put out(we were in a prairie area with tall grass). I got lots of deer fly bites and got hot and sweaty, but that all goes away. My ears are almost back to normal. Yesterday was the more relaxing show, at a site we've shot at about 10 yrs. In a city park on flat ground w/ bathroom facilities available. This was a hand shot show, which doesn't happen much anymore. Only one flowerpot, which broke a rack apart, but no one hurt at all. Today I work on starting & finishing the fmq on the background of my fireworks quilt.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:55 AM

I went to Joann's and bought some baby fabrics yesterday so today I'm starting a baby quilt for a friend who is due in Dec. It is so hot outside now but I'm staying cool in my sewing room!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
I was gone all weekend, helping to shoot two fireworks shows in 2 states. Both went very well,except the one Sat. night, started 10 separate fires. A shell with blue long burning stars was the culprit. The firetrucks were there as well as some of our crew with water packs. They stopped the show so the fires could get put out(we were in a prairie area with tall grass). I got lots of deer fly bites and got hot and sweaty, but that all goes away. My ears are almost back to normal. Yesterday was the more relaxing show, at a site we've shot at about 10 yrs. In a city park on flat ground w/ bathroom facilities available. This was a hand shot show, which doesn't happen much anymore. Only one flowerpot, which broke a rack apart, but no one hurt at all. Today I work on starting & finishing the fmq on the background of my fireworks quilt.
Your job is soooo cool!!! Glad no one was hurt. Sounds like a lot of fun every year on the 4th. You must have occasion for fireworks at other times of the year though too, huh?? I know my hometown has their fireworks during Homecoming Week which is not until the end of July.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:36 AM

LoriL
Not a job, volunteer, thru our local MN fireworks club. Our Club shoots shows for whoever hires us to do a show for them, towns, private people, corporations,etc. We do 2 shows on July 3, 3 on the 4th and just about every other weekend during the summer, thru Sept.

Shows range from several thousand $ and up. The payment helps to pay for our Club's insurance so we can exist and have several Club events each year plus provide a safe service for people who want to see fireworks.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

two twin baby quilts and a cell phone purse for a friend.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:32 PM

What type of "vintage camper" do you have? What fabric are you using? I saw one done in the Betty Boop theme and it was so cute. We have a 5th wheel and just made a lap quilt out of the new Happy Camper fabric that is out.Be sure and post a pic!!
Old 07-05-2010, 08:53 PM

I finally got to work on the Turning Twenty quilt I'm making for a nephew...Got the FQs cut into the designated pieces, and began the sewing of them...Will do more in the a.m. Hopefully will have the blocks completed before we leave on a short trip this weekend...
Old 07-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Mid-year UFO attention
Old 07-05-2010, 10:33 PM

I am working on Cyndie Ann quilt, so I am applique-ing all the time