Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-05-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by SherriB
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
LOL! Never put 2 & 2 together to figure this out. Duh! VS=vibrating shuttle. Thanks for the knock in the head. I needed it.
Don't feel bad. Yesterday I finally figured out what LBOW means. Hint: it was in regards to a 301A.
What does LBOW stand for? I have racked my brains and can't figure it out!
Thank you so much!!! I don't think I would ever have figured that one out.

Good! Someone else went crazy trying to figure it out!

One of the colors that the 301 comes is a combination of colors called light-beige-oyster-white (LBOW). Now that's taking acronyms to a whole new level.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM

I love your machine and thank you for posting the picture for all of us to enjoy! Are those mother of pearl inlays?

I can't wait until she's clean and shiny. :thumbup:

Judy[/quote]
Yes they are mother of pearl.I was trying to talk him out of a real nice 201 in a cabinet but he wasn't budging and then I spied this one tucked away in a corner and asked about it and he said $50.00 and I said sold after I checked to see if the bobbin case was intact.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM

I'm glad someone else asked this question!!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by oldhag
I love your machine and thank you for posting the picture for all of us to enjoy! Are those mother of pearl inlays?

I can't wait until she's clean and shiny. :thumbup:

Judy
Yes they are mother of pearl.I was trying to talk him out of a real nice 201 in a cabinet but he wasn't budging and then I spied this one tucked away in a corner and asked about it and he said $50.00 and I said sold after I checked to see if the bobbin case was intact.[/quote]

Oh my! Now I am really jealous. :mrgreen: I want to go sewing machine shopping with you. She's a gem dandy for sure.

Please don't forget to post pictures when she been through her spa treatment.

Judy
Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Help!!! I have finished cleaning up my model 66 with the Lotus decals. The cabinet is nice and spiffy. I've put on a new treadle belt. And I can't make it work. If I move the hand wheel, the belt moves and the treadle mechanisms all seem to be doing the right thing. I try to get my feet going right along with the motion, but it isn't working. I read that putting some resin (like for a violin bow) on the belt could help improve the friction, so I will try that tomorrow. I don't know whether the problem is that I don't know how to treadle (which is true) or that the belt is too loose (I don't think it is, but maybe...) or whether it's something else entirely.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:26 PM

Mine was threaded wrong and wouldn't do a thing until I fixed it, Now it sews like a champ!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Up North
Mine was threaded wrong and wouldn't do a thing until I fixed it, Now it sews like a champ!
I haven't even threaded mine yet. I just want to get the wheel turning using the treadle, and that isn't happening.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:38 PM

I would like to show you what I'm up to but I don't know how to upload pics--where can I find this info? Thanks, Sharon
Old 07-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raynhamquilter
I would like to show you what I'm up to but I don't know how to upload pics--where can I find this info? Thanks, Sharon
Hit the "reply" button. Don't use the "Quick reply". It will open a window with "File attachments" below. Use Browse to locate the picture you want to show. Do not hit preview after you select your pictures. Hurry up, we want to see your pictures!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
I haven't even threaded mine yet. I just want to get the wheel turning using the treadle, and that isn't happening.
Dunster, I am not sure I understand ...so forgive me if I am off base.

This sounds a little bizarre but can you operate the treadle with your hands and does that make the needle bar go?

When I tried my treadle for the first time, I had an issue with learning the rhythm ....which caused the treadle to "lock". I don't know if this is happening to you or not but worth mentioning.

Judy