Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by raynhamquilter
Two up, 50 to go (LOL)
Okay yo get the bobbin race out you have to undo the screw that holds the piece that sits next to the race then you remove it carefully and then the race will twist out of the hole its in.

I hope thats clear as mud I will post a tute on it if needed.

Billy
Okay I found your picture you already have the screw out and all you need to do is lift the piece out of the way(its the one that has the bobbin release on it and the red oil wick) and then you slide the race out.

Billy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-81857.jpe
Views:	385
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	81862  
Old 07-05-2010, 09:15 PM

OMG I am in love!!!

Someone might get jealous of this machine but I want to be Mr. Frister and Rossman Handcrank!!!

That is a wonderful piece of history you have in your possession and be very careful when you clean the machine up. I am flabbergasted that the shuttle and bobbin is still with the machine!

You did wonderful with the purchase of a fine piece of German engineering!!!

Billy[/quote]

Thanks Billy,
I was grinning like a cheshire cat when I got her. My DH was still trying to convince me to get the other machine until I told him later that this was a much better one to add to my collection. I am feeling a bit intimidated with the cleaning process for the first time since I started do this a few years ago. I have been taking it very slowly and savouring the process. The wood work is very fragile all that inlaid veneer is difficult to clean around without loosening any more of it. Mostly I just stare at it and smile right now.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:02 AM

Hi Raynhamquilter,

I had to take the feed dogs off to get the rest of the bobbin/case/shuttle out for cleaning. If you turn the machine tilt to the back and look under, you will see the feed dogs are attatched to a little arm with a big screw on the right. It is hard to see the screw, but it faces right, and is up next to the under-bed of the machine.

If the whole area is clean after kerosene, you may not need to take the bobbin/case/shuttle assembly out, but I decided to.

It may not be a recommended step though.

Look for the little white arrow in this photo. I tried to point to the screw.

Aardie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-81916.jpe
Views:	385
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	81921  
Old 07-06-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Does any one have a good source for a Singer 66 foot pedal and bobbin cover plate.

Also need a check spring for a Singer 127.
Here you go......

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sin...ine-parts.aspx

Billy
Thanks so much Billy! Just so I make sure that I get the right part. Is the foot pedal and power cord all one piece and would other foot pedals from other machine models work (just in case - ebay purchase)?

Thanks again!

Judy
Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

So I have a very nice electric Singer 15-91 and there I see a Singer 201 for $75 with the most adorable cabinet. Do I need that too or will I go crazy? I picture using the 201 for quilting and the 15-91 for piecing or all together I will be fine with the 15-91 only. LOL Help me out of my dilema. Oh did I mention this adorable Spartan Singer 99 for $65 that also seems to want tot come home. So cute!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 AM

Annaquilts, I would do it the other way around if it was me. I would use the 201 for piecing and the 15-91 for free motion quilting. You would not go wrong with a 201, but then again a Spartan is a nice little machine too. Good luck with what ever decision you make.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned

Does any one have a good source for a Singer 66 foot pedal and bobbin cover plate.

Also need a check spring for a Singer 127.
Here you go......

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/sin...ine-parts.aspx

Billy
The power cord should be the same and you can attach it to what ever pedal you have. Its just 2 wires and they just affix to screws inside the housing

Billy

Thanks so much Billy! Just so I make sure that I get the right part. Is the foot pedal and power cord all one piece and would other foot pedals from other machine models work (just in case - ebay purchase)?

Thanks again!

Judy
Old 07-06-2010, 10:31 AM

Oh! Again, for the third time, I did it the hard way. :idea:

Ah well, so long as I don't lose the screw.

Aardvarq

------------------------------------------------
"Okay I found your picture you already have the screw out and all you need to do is lift the piece out of the way(its the one that has the bobbin release on it and the red oil wick) and then you slide the race out."

Billy
Old 07-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oldhag
Annaquilts, I would do it the other way around if it was me. I would use the 201 for piecing and the 15-91 for free motion quilting. You would not go wrong with a 201, but then again a Spartan is a nice little machine too. Good luck with what ever decision you make.
Thanks for input and feed back!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 PM

Went thrift shop hopping today and came home with two more machines. Both in tredle cabinets. One is a Singer Red Eye (C5365359) the other is a Diamond (D49649) I am thrilled with my new additions but am thinking I need to find a 12 step program for my 'addiction'. Any idea about them, Billy?