Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week? >

MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week?

MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week?

Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 AM

to finish the baby quilt for our up coming nephew, Chase. The shower is in two weeks. Would like to get it done and be ready.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:02 AM

I am going to a strip club get together for the day so hope to start on a new project as we make a quilt every other month. Also plan to go on Thursday to sew with friends at our LQS. Should go to the guild meeting this week also.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:21 AM

[

Here's what I do that might speed up your progress - DON'T iron washed fabrics. Fold them as smoothly as you can, but if they aren't ironed I can tell easily which ones are washed and which aren't. Plus, you're going to have to iron it again anyway when you go to use it - especially if it sits in a closet for a while.[/quote]

That is my phlosiphy (sp?) about clothes. I hang them up from the dryer and then iron as I wear. Yrs ago I had a discussion with a co-worker about this. She had an ironing night. I asked her if she ran the iron over her clothes the day she wore them and she said "yes". I said," Then you're ironing twice."
Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
This week, I will start and finish my friend's bowling tote bag (only because she is visiting me in 3 days!!), finish 2 scrap quilts that are 90% done, wash my batiks from Rhonda, maybe start cutting them for son #2 quilt. I think that is enough!!! Oh yeah, gotta finish my brother's potholders, bought the magnets for them yesterday. Phew!
Well, 2 down, 3 to go! I put the magnets into the binding holder thingy on the potholders, went and threw them at the refrigerator, and low and behold, they caught, then slipped all the way down the refrigerator!! I was crushed!!! :-(
Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by puck116
[

Here's what I do that might speed up your progress - DON'T iron washed fabrics. Fold them as smoothly as you can, but if they aren't ironed I can tell easily which ones are washed and which aren't. Plus, you're going to have to iron it again anyway when you go to use it - especially if it sits in a closet for a while.
That is my phlosiphy (sp?) about clothes. I hang them up from the dryer and then iron as I wear. Yrs ago I had a discussion with a co-worker about this. She had an ironing night. I asked her if she ran the iron over her clothes the day she wore them and she said "yes". I said," Then you're ironing twice."[/quote]

Well, Sister, we surely do think alike. That's what I do...wash fabric, dry, fold while warm. Iron when I'm ready to use it.
Wash clothes, dry, hang while warm. Iron when ready to use.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 AM

Get my Viking Designer machine fixed or get a new one! I haven't had any problems with it and all of a sudden I think it's falling apart -- last week the "ankle" broke, so I got a new one. Then it developed a problem that when the presser foot goes down, it makes a clicking noise and goes back up. Last night the bobbin winder broke and I don't have any bobbins wound in the colors that I need! I did get 8 potholders done, but had planned on sandwiching and finishing two table runners this week also. I will have to try to get them done on my old noisy machine, as I think it will take a while to fix my Viking :.(
Old 07-07-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by puck116
[

Here's what I do that might speed up your progress - DON'T iron washed fabrics. Fold them as smoothly as you can, but if they aren't ironed I can tell easily which ones are washed and which aren't. Plus, you're going to have to iron it again anyway when you go to use it - especially if it sits in a closet for a while.
That is my phlosiphy (sp?) about clothes. I hang them up from the dryer and then iron as I wear. Yrs ago I had a discussion with a co-worker about this. She had an ironing night. I asked her if she ran the iron over her clothes the day she wore them and she said "yes". I said," Then you're ironing twice."
Well, Sister, we surely do think alike. That's what I do...wash fabric, dry, fold while warm. Iron when I'm ready to use it.
Wash clothes, dry, hang while warm. Iron when ready to use.[/quote]

I hate ironing, so this is how I do it too!!! :thumbup:
Old 07-07-2010, 06:22 AM

I'm a turn on the music, sing, dance, and do the work.

My goal for this week, proof read new PDF, and get 3 new blog posts...... That means getting quilts out and taking pictures, tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by zactanls
I am going to a strip club get together for the day so hope to start on a new project as we make a quilt every other month. Also plan to go on Thursday to sew with friends at our LQS. Should go to the guild meeting this week also.
You know, if a man said this, it would take on a completely different meaning! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if my husband said it, he'd be sleeping in his car tonight!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Going to post a goal I made up for myself yesterday in the hopes that it'll help me be accountable for it and accomplish it.

Do you have a goal for this week?

My goal is not quilt related. My goal is to have an operational kitchen by tomorrow. The girls are still here to help me unpack so we should be able to get it unpacked. I'll worry about organization later.