Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-10-2010, 06:35 AM

I agree with AKAngel completely. I wouldn't mind having fewer partners. I would not agree to doing this if we had to use a neutral. Not all fabrics look good with a cream or white, especially the fabrics I used this time. Also, I wouldn't like a light color completely because I have pets and others have children. I wouldn't want the pet hairs or children's stains showing up on a neutral everyday. Part of the challenge for me is learning what colors would blend with a certain fabric. That is the part that I really enjoyed about this exchange! If one person wanted to only use neutrals, that would be fine with me, but I would not want a whole quilt, made with them. My fabrics would have stuck out like a sore thumb, and I am not into a neutral blended quilt! Just my opinion! I love April's suggestions. I wouln't want a quilt with less than 24 blocks, although I have loved having this many. I will be ablet to make a nice sized quilt with 36 blocks, and the variety I have. I am in favor of doing another group right away, and then, doing another one later. I am addicted to this group, and can't wait for the next one!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 AM

April, that sounds great. I'm back in if there's room. The extra time helps me a lot. Thanks for all the work you put into making this swap run smoothly. And I really agree with you about making new friends. This has been a wonderful experence working with all of you and look forward to seeing you on other threads also. Happy sewing.
Shelley
Old 07-10-2010, 07:52 AM

I would like to make the swap for 28 people, instead of 24, or 36. Kind of a compromise. It would make a little larger quilt, and not as much work. My next Boom. will be a quilt for my sister, and it would be nice to sit on her bed. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:25 AM

April
I think the 24 blocks and the 4 month period sounds much more doable especially with the holiday season in there. Those that want more blocks can either ask if there are those whome want to exchange an extra on the side (Rere and I did that this round) or they can make a few extra for their quilt.
This sounds great to me and I think I will be able to join as well at this rate.

Robyn, please know I know you or no one else meant any disrect for April. You and many others here have stated time and time again how much we appreciate her willingness to coordinate and host this swap for us. I too am grateful she is continuing she certainly has had a lot going on.

GoldenDog, I agree completely that I love both the choice of colors and patterns in this swap. I don't know if I mentioned before but yours and Purplemems fabric were 2 of my favorites this swap and I agree when you have animals lights don't work in your home.

I look forward to swapping with you all again in Rd 3.
Muriel
Old 07-10-2010, 08:32 AM

Please sign me up for Boomerang 3.0.
I have thoroughly enjoyed this swap. I'm fine with however many blocks we decide upon---36 or 24---both are fine with me. :-)
Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 AM

Neoma, your block arrived today and I do love it. A couple of people have made orange blocks for me already and yours will fit right in! Thank you.

Lovely double pinwheel from neoma :-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79516[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-79511.jpe
Views:	6
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	79516  
Old 07-10-2010, 08:51 AM

I enjoyed the larger amount of 36 because you did end up with a nice 72 x 72 top when you put them together and that is without borders or sashing or anything.

After receiving some more input here are some more thoughts. Please let me know what you all think.

Option 1: We have two groups. One for people who want to swap 24 (23 actual blocks) blocks in 4 months and a group for people who want to swap 36 (35 actual blocks) blocks in 4 months.

Option 2: We have a vote for number of blocks wiht a 4 month time period also (which also limits the number of swappers to that number of blocks)

A-24 blocks (48 x 72)
B-25 blocks (60 x 60)
C-28 blocks (48 x 84)
D-30 blocks (60 x 72)
E-35 blocks (60 x 84)
F-36 blocks (72 x 72)

Any and all input is much appreciated :-)

Hugs
April
Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 AM

I'm with goldendog and AkAngel... matching fabrics and stretching my creative brain was among the funnest things for me in this super fun swap.

April, thank you so much for initiating and hosting this, you have been doing and are doing such a brilliant job. And thank you everyone for swapping, I love each block I have received and loved playing with your fabrics. I've learnt a ton about fabrics, patterns and matching (not to mention sewing and squaring blocks, adventures with the greedy postalmonster...), gained confidence, and feel I've "met" quite a few people... almost in person.

I'll have to sit out the next round, it'll take me a while to finish my quilts from this swap and I don't want to pile even more on top before I get through this! 'Cause I don't have lots of practice (yet) and everything still takes me a loooong time.

But I do love this swap, and recommend it wholeheartedly; and a slightly longer deadline and smaller number of blocks feel good, too, this might make it easier for me to commit to another round in the future. Guys, if you are considering joining this swap, I can only eagerly nod my encouragement, it's tons and tons of fun. I can't wait to see photos of your blocks in 3.0!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 AM

24 or 25 for me please.
Muriel
Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 AM

Oh, we cross-posted! Just saw this, April.

Maybe a crazy idea...what if you were to consider having groups for 12 blocks each? Depending on how many people you get, you might have several groups and a person could sign on for one, two or three of them depending on how many blocks they want to commit to for the round. (Please note that I speak from a place blissful ignorance of the organisational side - I sure wouldn't want to suggest anything that becomes an administrative nightmare for you to host!!)

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I enjoyed the larger amount of 36 because you did end up with a nice 72 x 72 top when you put them together and that is without borders or sashing or anything.

After receiving some more input here are some more thoughts. Please let me know what you all think.

Option 1: We have two groups. One for people who want to swap 24 (23 actual blocks) blocks in 4 months and a group for people who want to swap 36 (35 actual blocks) blocks in 4 months.

Option 2: We have a vote for number of blocks (which also limits the number of swappers to that number of blocks)

A-24 blocks (48 x 72)
B-25 blocks (60 x 60)
C-28 blocks (48 x 84)
D-30 blocks (60 x 72)
E-35 blocks (60 x 84)
F-36 blocks (72 x 72)

Any and all input is much appreciated :-)

Hugs
April