Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 11:05 AM

That is not typical unless they are understaffed. What you did was good, however, it will stay within the store. You need to write a letter to home office in Bentonville, Arkansas and tell them what happened. I used to work for them and believe me this is the only way it is going to change. Mention everything that happened, if you have names, great, if not, describe the people. Although I am mad that they are taking away their fabric depts, I still love Wal-Mart, but NO Customer should be treated that way. Let me know what happens.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:07 AM

Ladies, please write home office about all your problems with customer service.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 AM

Our Walmart still has a fabric dept and sometimes there is someone standing at the cutting table. However it seems when people start looking at fabric and ready to have it cut she disappears. They even took the bell away but sometimes you can find it hiding under the cabinet. It would be nice if they could get someone who actually enjoys working the fabric dept. We had one little ole lady but she retired. Need more like her.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:23 AM

We no longer have fabric in the WM's around here ... what you described WAS very typical of ours ! I know many stores have good help, but ours was the pits for years, despite complaints to mgmt
The 2 women who "worked" there were always quite bothered when they had to stop reading a mag or something, and actually HELP CUSTOMERS or answer a QUESTION. They used to hide the bell too !!
My girls used to call them the "Stone Face Ladies" ... I KID YOU NOT ... They would not even smile, or talk to cute kids !
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 AM

I've been reading about the Wal-mart stories and just have to vent also. First off, the fabric you would get at any Wal-mart was no the quality of quilt stores. Wal-Mart has a bad way of teling a mfg what they will pay for items and the mfg will cut quality just for Wal-Mart to sell it cheeper-THEN, when they run the private business away, they cease to sell that (or those) items. I worked for Hancocks and our prices were higher, but the quality was higher. As a last resort, I shop Wal-Mart for anything. And yes, the fabric department was discontinued localy also. The local Hobby Lobby is the only fabric source here. Recently, i went in to purchase cording (I make my own piping to match the grandaughter's dresses) and the little girl said, "well, I don't know what that is, so I quess we don't have it." I didn't have time to look, but went back when a friend was working and there was an end cap-loaded! The dept. stores are just hiring bodies, not necessarily one with knowledge about a certain department. Very Frustrating! Now, if I need notions or supplies that does not require "matching" I do a quilt shop search online. If you go to a quilt store, chances are, they are like you and love what they do and are helpful. You'll always run across someone not having a good day-in ANY business. End of vent!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:33 AM

Walmart is phasing out the fabric department as they remodel stores. Be glad you still have one. I've never had a problem getting help at WM.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 AM

Oh I am with you! Here in Corydon In. or wall mart it has got to the last store we go to for the last yr. They don't seem to want to wait on you unless you want a tv or something big. They took out the sewing all together. Oh for the good old days! When what we counted!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:04 PM

As I was (key word WAS) employeed by Wal-Mart for 26 years, I think you need to call the store and ask for the district managers telephone number. It will be the office for him...if you leave your name and contact info, they will contact you as well as the home office will send 'email' to the store and they will have to contact you also...anyway that was the way it was three years ago when I left. They had to contact the customer for the bad as well as (if any LOL) good comments. Our local store manager decided she didnt want to comp different store ads any more so the Friday before Memoral Day, she took it upon herself to stop. Needless to say after many MANY complaints, the higher ups decided that she was changing her mind!! lol...I still have friends there and I really do pity them...the company has changed sooooo much...and not for the better I'm afraid.
Melinda
Old 07-12-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Here's what it says on the website:

"Walmart is committed to providing you superior customer service and a pleasant shopping experience. We're happy to respond to your questions about Walmart and appreciate your comments or suggestions. Please use the form below to let us know how we can assist you."

I've sent them an e-mail. We'll just see what kind of "superior customer service" I get at this point in time.

Odessa
Good for you and I do hope you included a link to our Quilter's Message Board so Walmart can follow the example of Kona Fabrics and Robert Kaufman Fabrics. Seems to me, Kaufman joined back in January and actually responded to fabric concerns. Maybe Walmart can get the message if they read our thoughts. Happy stitching everyone.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:02 PM

The Wal-Mart here use to be great.There were two women who were always there.And knew what to do with a sewing machine or a needle and thread.They knew their business.But now they have people who don't know what they're doing or really just don't care,if you can get someone over there to help.