Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 05:11 PM

Wow. This is incredible. It blows my mind to see there are PAGES of such similiar comments about Wal-Mart. My experience was no different. I had been looking for a very specific fabric and found it at one of our area Wal-Mart stores. I called ahead to make sure they still had it, and was assured they would hold it for me as it was about a 30 minute drive to get there. When I got there, no one was in the fabric department. They paged some one to come twice. I finally used my cell phone to call the store and told them I was standing in the fabric department and needed help. They transferred me to an assistant manager, and the phone was disconnected before I talked to anyone. Needless to say, I did the same thing again. I ended up speaking to a manager who didn't seem to care that I had been back there for at least 30 minutes. If I wouldn't have needed that specific fabric so desperately, I would have been out of there. There is a brand new Wal-Mart going in less than a mile from my house. It will be interesting to see if they have fabric by the bolt. My guess is no. Too bad corporate office for Wal-Mart doesn't ask us.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 PM

I have had that same experience on many occasions a the W-World If i really really need the piece of fabric, I will leave a note on how much I want and then go finish shopping, come back and BINGO my fabric is cut and I did not have to wait or waste my time.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 PM

I have had that same experience on many occasions a the W-World If i really really need the piece of fabric, I will leave a note on how much I want and then go finish shopping, come back and BINGO my fabric is cut and I did not have to wait or waste my time.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Service at our WalMart superstore is super. I can't believe all the horror stories I read about other stores. It must be the managers and lack of training for the help. Honestly have never run across poor service here. Guess they must lay down the law when they train the help in this store. Think I will send a letter to the manager here and commend him.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 PM

On behalf of all of the rest of us, please do commend your store for the excellent service they provide. Maybe then it will rub off on all the other store managers.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 PM

Whenever I go to WM to buy fabric I go first to sporting goods and ask for them to call someone to cut fabric. Then I go to fabrics and pick out my fabric. By that time someone shows up to cut my fabric. I mostly order on line anymore.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:57 PM

When I can't find anybody, a guy or lady in sporting goods comes to help. I carry the bolts around till I find somebody. Only time I ever had to wait any length of time was when I dropped Dh off at airport & I got to WW at 6:45am & had to wait till 7:00am when somebody came in to that dept. Out of town WW. Don't cut them any slack I find a warm body.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:34 PM

You can call 1800 Walmart and complain about the girl. She would be repromanded for that. They are supposed to be friendly. The trouble at Wal Mart, is that the girls have more than one Dept. that they have to Manage. At our store, we all try to help out.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:38 PM

I got a good laugh from BATmama's answer which is two or three comments above mine. If there were a Wal-Mart within a 100 mile radius of where I live that still has a fabric department, I'd try the idea out.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
What are WOW fabrics?

My experiences in most WalMart stores have been good. Sometimes I have to get someone from another department to cut fabric, but they are usually pleasant.

They even stay pleasant when I go into my monolog/rant about my opinions about corporate removing the bolt fabrics from the stores.

I do think WM understaffs at times - and one person has to cover several departments - but it seems like JoAnn and Hancock stores also understaff.
WOW= One Block Wonders. It's a beautiful technique to making lovely kalidoscope effects with cloth. I am just going to try my first one in August. There are several books out about it.