Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-12-2010, 04:18 PM

Mosher92:
Your block is coming home to you in tommorrow's mail! Hope you enjoy.
Suedonnie
Old 07-12-2010, 06:49 PM

ok no squishies for me today, hopefully tomorrow:

I know that the following have sent out blocks:
lovingizabella
odessaquilts
suedonnie

I am waiting on blocks from
aardvarq
kbunn
nancyinLA
mosher92
norbanaquilts
star

never received anything from:
cjt_mama
krazy4quilts (i know OK tornados)

this is what I have, please check and make sure that what I have is correct.
thanks
tink

here are my blocks so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]77813[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-77808.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	77813  
Old 07-12-2010, 06:52 PM

A squishie arrived today from Mosher92. Thanks it's great and will go nicely with the others.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by suedonnie
Hi All:
Blocks are coming your way, Dettonlisas, Karen, Kysmommy2,Lovingizabelle, sewcornie, tink121275. I still have some more to go but unfortunatly won't get to them til this weekend.
I think the only ones left to do are:
Aardvarg ( have not received block yet)
AKAngel
Buddysmom
CJTmama (have not received block)
janecat
Kbunn
Mosher92
Neoma
Renebobby
ReRe
I have them all cut out just need to sew them together.
Sorry it is taking so long.
Also who has the black material with green vines running thru it.
Am I the only one having trouble keeping all this stuff straight?#%#%@%% I need strong suggestions...lol
This has been a great swap. My first time. I don't think I will be in #3 but will definately look forward to the one in January. Thank you all for the beautiful blocks I can't wait to put them together and keep warm this winter thinking about my friends on the swap!
Sue
Sue, this is my second go-round and I discovered something easier for me this time. Maybe it will help you for next time.

When I get the address list, the first thing I do is print labels: 3 sets for everyone. I use one set to put on the envelope I mail my F8 in.

The second set goes on the envelopes I will use to mail the completed blocks in. These envies sit in a box on my sewing table, ready to go when the blocks are ready.

The 3rd set I place on the zippy bags I will enclose the completed blocks into. I then wait for the fun to arrive.

As each fabric arrives, I take it and place it into the labeled zippy bag so I have it marked. I also try to pull fabrics that will go with the focus fabric and put them into the zippy bag, too. These go into a basket that sits next to my sewing cabinet, and I work on them as I can around all the other things I have going on. Sometimes I do 2 in a day, and sometimes I can do 8 or 10. Just depends on what else I have going on.....

Sometimes I will sit down and cut pieces for each block, and the pieces go back into the zippy bags. That way I can just concentrate on sewing the blocks when I am ready.

When the block is sewn, I give it a final press, fold it into the pre-marked zippy bags, and then seal it into the pre-addressed envelope to send it home. That way, when I am ready to take it to the post office, it's ready to go with me.

I hope this helps you out. I have found it to help me in a pinch. It's terrific to make a block when all I have to do is pick up the bag and sew ... no need to select fabrics, measure, press, cut, etc., because it's all done!

Odessa
Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM

I received squishies from Mosher and neoma today!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM

Four more blocks came today -- (l to r) Neoma, Suedonnie,sandiannie, mosher92
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-77809.jpe
Views:	31
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	77814  
Old 07-12-2010, 07:28 PM

Okay, received blocks today from Suedonnie (it's lovely, thanks) and Mosher92. The block from Mosher92 is NOT my fabric, however, and the batteries in my camera are dead.

So let me describe the fabrics in this block she made:

There is a lovely olive green print with some kind of vines on it. There is also a pretty light aqua fabric with more vines on it. And the third fabric has a chocolate-colored background with "mod" flowers of green and blue on it. The flowers have an abundance of circles on them and the block she made is pretty awesome. I did not receive any of these 3 fabrics, so I cannot place to whom it belongs. Can someone else help me out so I can send it to its proper home?

Odessa
Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 PM

Odessa, Sorry I can't help you with any of the fabric.

Sue, I use a simular method like Odessa. It works out great. Hope it helps you in the future.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 PM

hoppy, thanks for looking. I am just stumped, but I know it will find its proper home soon enough.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Sue, I use a simular method like Odessa. It works out great. Hope it helps you in the future.

I used the same method. One strict rule I followed: only ONE baggie of fabric was opened at a time. If I was matching fabrics or sewing or whatever, I only had one open at a time so no F8s could accidentally meander into the wrong labeled baggie. Another thing I did was to stick a post-it note to the inside of each baggie with the name of the block I would make for that fabric. Most of you received your blocks back with the post-it note still stuck inside the bag. It was the easiest way to include the name of the block for you.