Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
our WM had decided to take the fabric manager and put her in lawn and garden(which she was not happy about at all) and have the stationery manager run the fabric dept and stationery. Before they did that there was always someone in fabric's now your lucky to find anybody there. I think they are trying to find excuses to get rid of fabric's, purposly cause sales to drop by not offering service.
None of our Wal Marts have fabric anymore. Maybe one clear across town (35-40 miles and bumper to bumper traffic). But I agree with you I think they are trying to make the sales drop in the stores that do still carry fabric so they can shut down that department.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:05 PM

I went to a WM that was closing their fabric dept. The gal that was cutting my fabric said :"they want to get rid of their fabric, I'll help them." Her yard equaled at least 1/2 yard or more extra!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by txwildflower
Originally Posted by cjomomma
our WM had decided to take the fabric manager and put her in lawn and garden(which she was not happy about at all) and have the stationery manager run the fabric dept and stationery. Before they did that there was always someone in fabric's now your lucky to find anybody there. I think they are trying to find excuses to get rid of fabric's, purposly cause sales to drop by not offering service.
None of our Wal Marts have fabric anymore. Maybe one clear across town (35-40 miles and bumper to bumper traffic). But I agree with you I think they are trying to make the sales drop in the stores that do still carry fabric so they can shut down that department.
I know what you mean. You can go into San Antonio to some of their nice quilt shops instead of all that trouble.
I have a friend in SA & she goes to New Braunsfel most of the the time.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 PM

I had to cut my own fabric at our Walmart. I asked for a yard of about three different fabrics and the clerk unrolled and unfolded it an started to cut a piece thirty six inches out of the forty four inch width. I explained that she was cutting it wrong and she told me I should do it myself then So I did.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 PM

I heard that all employees at Wall Mart got a salery cut. They are probably pissed! I have, so far, found a person in the yardage dept. and received service just last week. I hope it continues!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 PM

the last time i was in a WM with my sister she tried to return a jacket she bought there. the label had been removed (it was a gift) but it was clearly never worn, and she had the receipt. the lady at the return counter argued that they had no outerwear department, so it couldn't have been bought at a WM. LOL! after we wet our pants laughing, my sister refused to leave the counter and held up the line for over ten minutes while they "looked for the manager". right. they were waiting for her to go away. she loudly took the manager by the hand and loudly walked him over to the jacket rack to loudly show him exactly where she found it. he never even apologized. but he was embarrassed into giving her the money back.

you expect them to cut fabric? :roll:
Old 07-12-2010, 08:18 PM

LOL

Originally Posted by butterflywing
the last time i was in a WM with my sister she tried to return a jacket she bought there. the label had been removed (it was a gift) but it was clearly never worn, and she had the receipt. the lady at the return counter argued that they had no outerwear department, so it couldn't have been bought at a WM. LOL! after we wet our pants laughing, my sister refused to leave the counter and held up the line for over ten minutes while they "looked for the manager". right. they were waiting for her to go away. she loudly took the manager by the hand and loudly walked him over to the jacket rack to loudly show him exactly where she found it. he never even apologized. but he was embarrassed into giving her the money back.

you expect them to cut fabric? :roll:
Old 07-12-2010, 08:21 PM

i have not had that happen to me at our wal mart , but when i do go late at night sometimes i do have to ring a bell but the girl is usually close and come right over

i think if what happened to you was to happen to me i would of emptied a shelf of bolts of material put them on the cutting station and left the note on that stack !!!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 PM

I can speak from experience about this. I work at walmart. They do understaff. Especially at my store.
At my store, the ladies are very nice but they have to go zone (aka organize) the craft deparment which is nowhere's near the fabric area, so if you ring the bell, it's not their fault they are ignoring you. Just find me and I'll cut your fabric. ;)
Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 PM

I live in Idaho and we still have fabric at our store as well. They tell me it won't be there for long though. The department usually looks deserted and it's hard to get anyone to help out there. Most of the Wal-mart staff are not helpful. We have 2 stores and the staff's behavior are identical lol