Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................ >

So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................

So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................

Old 07-13-2010, 08:04 AM

I only go into JoAnne's when I really need something. I've run into long lines as well and it's so frustrating. However, one of the sales girls used to go to high school with my son so if she sees me in line, and if she's working that day, she will take me to another register. I know it's prejudiced but..........
I usually go to a local fabric store even though her fabric may be a little higher in cost, I really prefer going there because she only carries the best fabrics and I feel it's worth it.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:13 AM

Just like Wal Mart, you need to contact the home office---the only way things will change is if you let them know you are not happy. In this day and age, if we don't inform them, they are going to think that all is well and never try to make it any better. Please ladies, everyone contact home office especially if you had a bad experience, but also if you had a good one. Those ladies work hard and the ones who truly love their job and the customers deserve some praise.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:16 AM

I just went to Joann's today at lunch and got some notions with a 50% off coupon I received in an email-they gave me a sheet of 12 coupons-all 40% off called "Make your own sale"-they are good for notions, crafts, or a single cut of fabric for the week of 7/18 thru 7/24---if you are close and need something-now is the time!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:56 AM

Guess its time to put this one to bed!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:15 PM

Joann's sometimes trains people with disabilities,usually LD, however, if this was the case, the gal on the cutting table should be monitored. I hope you mentioned it to the cashier. If the person cannot add, that is not the job for her-she should be stocking shelves or cleaning. The manager should know or be informed of her problem so they can put the person in the appropriate job suited for her. Someone probably panicked and put her there cuz they were so busy. They have strict rules they must follow as an employee and are told this at the time of hire.
marla
Old 07-13-2010, 01:17 PM

Hey Crafty-chick,
I went to that Joann's website and it is now closed due to the tremendous volume of requests. didn't get mine.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Guess its time to put this one to bed!
they are not listening. :lol:
Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 PM

The thing at Joann's I hate is you have to take a number for the cutting counter even if there is noone in line!? What is that about?!
Old 07-13-2010, 02:32 PM

if i go on the weekend, i take a number for the cutting table b4 i go shopping... all the fabric is right there & it probably saves me some $!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:06 PM

I seldom go into JoAnn's without a long line to wait in.
i think they simply don't want to pay for more employees to work. I was completely shocked when I stopped on Sat as I only wanted some glue. The first employee actually took me over to get it. An then, no one was in line. She did tell me that they had been very busy all day which means lots of lines.
I seldom go when there are sales. When I need something, I use a 40% off coupon.