Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 PM

It is very difficult to keep thinking positive when it feels like all we do is climb uphill.

You are doing great though! Keep up the good work!

Missy
Old 07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Gal

Are we supposed to check in with our progress? I weighed in this morning at 12.8 stone which is a loss of 6lb so I am well pleased! Feeling better about my self already and my walks have become a lot easier although my feet get sore still!

Gal
Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM

I'm down another pound = 5 pounds so far for July :D
Not the pound/day but it's still losing. I'm fitting into size 12 and 14 non elastic clothing which for me is a wow moment.
Keep looking forward... You can't change the past... you can plan the future. you control the present.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Gal

Congrats Leota, and some good advise there too!

Gal
Old 07-13-2010, 05:17 PM

Good for you both Gal and Leota.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
It is very difficult to keep thinking positive when it feels like all we do is climb uphill.

You are doing great though! Keep up the good work!

Missy
But Missy darling....climbing up hill is GREAT exercise. :-)
so work to build up some muscle...one step at a time.
If you love me, no matter what size my body is...than you MUST do the same for yourself.

Love me enough to encourage me and pray for me even when you do not hear from me.

Today I had to have help even to get out of my bed...had to wait for someone to come help before I could use RR....humbling and humiliating. So much back pain...

Did not just take a pain pill and go back to bed for the day...
MADE myself move until body stopped fighting with me over the issue...took a short nap...unfortunately it was during today;s special episode of "Quilting Arts TV show 602...and I really wanted to pay attention, make notes and learn how...

if you want to see what I missed, go to quiltingartstv.com show 602. I am praying they have the recipe for the flour paste to spread on fabric and all the directions...was Sooooo kool, dying your own fabrics with watered down paints on top of dryed flour paste that had been scribbled in while wet, and then crackled when dry...

Life is looking up...and the scales are going down. Never fast enough..but everyone ready for item that now fits?

Necklace my family had gifted me with, and I can't even remember when, it has been so long...never could wear it.

Necklace cost them all a pretty penny...I am allergic to nickle, so has to be gold, and has medallion of family tree with a real gem stone for each of them...think it was a Mother's Day item...and until this last week, has just been sitting in it's original box...now fits LOOSELY around my neck. I was so happy, I cried

scales are now down in the 250 range...next month I am praying for the 240 range. Wanting to have PT work on building me up some muscle...so have started doing one step...literally...the same one step...step up with left leg, down with right...
next step up with right leg, down with left. I am up to 3X.

Had to work up from 0X...so this is progress since March.
And could not tackle step until I could stand, and then walk...

so please be gentle with my friend Missy...she is gentle and supportive, and loving with me.

Grandma12
Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
I'm down another pound = 5 pounds so far for July :D
Not the pound/day but it's still losing. I'm fitting into size 12 and 14 non elastic clothing which for me is a wow moment.
Keep looking forward... You can't change the past... you can plan the future. you control the present.
Love it, love it, love it...and so true.
But I would say we can plan for the future, but it is really not in our absolute control. There is a future out there...so plan on making it better than yesterday and it will be, with the work of today...

Love it, and size 12-14 NON ELASTIC...Way to Go Girl!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
This morning, my dh paid me a huge compliment. He said that since I have been losing weight, my snoring has greatly improved. :lol: I am down 29 pounds in a little over a month. I am feeling so much better. I still need to lose a bunch more, but I am getting there.
29 POUNDS in just over a MONTH>>>>>
somehow that sounds exciting, but not so healthy...is a medical person monitoring your health?

Don't make me get on my wheel chair and come take care of you...I can only do 20 miles before I need to re-charge it's battery...

I would hug the stuffings out of you...but at this rate, you many not have any stuffings left!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned

My new fav snack..............

Caramel Popcorn 1 cup serving 80 calories.
makes 7 cups

1/4 c white sugar
2 Tbsp molasses
2 tbsp water
1 tsp butter
pinch salt
1 bag popcorn 20 cal per cup

In a pot put everything except popcorn. Cook on high using a candy thermometer until it is 250. WATCH as this will burn quickly. Pour syrup over popcorn, mixing as you are doing it. You have to work fast as this will get hard really quick.

This is soooooooooooo good. the added benefits is fiber from the popcorn and the molasses is packed with iron. So this is a healthy snack.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:30 PM

I'm posting a lot today, but I feel the need to talk.

I worked today as a favor to my boss. (Due to a reduction in time I don't go back to work until the end of Aug.) I was nervous going to work as I tend to over eat when I get home. I planned my dinner, didn't snack and waited until my husband was home before I ate. I also rode my bike which I never did after work, always to tired. I went tonight anyway and surprise, I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be.

I want to keep up the physical activity when I go back to work. I may be harder when I return to work, as it will be dark when I leave for work and getting dark when I get home. I need to find something.