Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-13-2010, 04:37 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying not to have to write this email. I have had a rough time the past several months and have not sewn a stitch as a consequence. Things are getting better.

In May, I began having trouble with fine motor skills. It was sudden and has been difficult to deal with. I didn't want to cut and ruin everyone's fabric and kept waiting for it to pass.

LostN51's blog/thread on vintage machines has been an inspiration and a lifesaver.

With the support of incredible friends, and sometimes supervision, I started cleaning up an old sewing machine. Big parts first. It has really helped me regain confidence.

Things are getting better. I have actually spent time pulling fabric coordinates, washing and ironing.

One thing that has helped has been finding colorful 'squishies' in the mail from week to week as I have received your blocks. You may never understand the great help this has been.

I have kept careful records. I have everyone's fabric filed with their names, addresses, and instructions/requests attached to them in a box sitting at my cutting table.

I am tired of dusting the sewing machine and am going to work on a sample block this week to see if I can end up with a decent square.

Don't count me out yet!! Keep the faith, You will get a nice block from me in the mail, and I am confident it will be very soon.

Aardie
Old 07-13-2010, 04:42 PM

Hi Aardie:
I am so glad you are not out yet!!! Looking forward to receiving your block. Don't worry how long it takes, take your time and get better!!!
Sue
Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM

Aardie,
Take of yourself first! I can wait for my block until you are better!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:17 PM

Karen & Jetnica,

thanks, that is the fabric. Since I have not received a F8 from cjt_mama, I did not recognize it at all. Now I know where to send it (and definitely give credit to Mosher92 for having made it, of course). Thanks much!

Odessa
Old 07-13-2010, 05:21 PM

Aardie, So glad you let us know what is going on with you; we've been worried. Yes, quilters are an incredibly giving bunch. Take care and keep up with your "therapy" ... it's obviously helping you to get those motor skills back, as well as your confidence.

Odessa
Old 07-13-2010, 05:23 PM

Aardie----You take care of yourself sweetheart!! Remember your health is much more important and we can wait until you are ready. Glad to hear that you are slowly starting to be able to do some things.

Take care sweetie!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:04 PM

I'm in no rush Aardie ... you take your time and get better ... good to hear from you :D
Old 07-13-2010, 07:42 PM

Sorry it has been so long since I posted. AkAngel I have recieved your block and a few others but I have not updated my list and I promise to make that a priority. DH is starting to recover. He developed a severe infection caused by the blood sugar being so high. Caused sores that had to be lanced drained, packed and repacked. It is starting to clear up now but the antibiotics are making him sick. It's a nasty cycle that the high blood sugar keeps the sores from healing but the infection in them keeps the sugar high. We have it down to around 226 ....still too high but getting there. I have gotten some sewing done. I am sorry ladies your blocks will be late but it looks like they will all be in the mail by the end of the week. Thank you for your patience.

I think I will sit out round 3 to be sure to get my life under control. I have enjoyed the swaps and the experiences. Thank you April.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 PM

To all of you having health issues please know that I'm in no hurry for my blocks. Please take of your selfs first.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
To all of you having health issues please know that I'm in no hurry for my blocks. Please take of your selfs first.
Hoppy,
Thank you for my surprise! That was such a nice thing for you to do, and so very unexpected.
Hugs,
MJ