Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-12-2010, 03:48 PM

OOPS, hit the send button twice. I didn't realized I had a stutter but I guess I do, lol.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned

They are painted gold, and the Singer logo on the center piece is also Gold

Billy
Old 07-12-2010, 04:56 PM

The shellac on my gran's 127 is super crazed and gone in many places. Silvering had already happened in many places.

When the weak areas of shellac came of in cleaning, the gold tint on the decals was gone and if I was not careful, deteriorated sections of decals also began to rub away.

That was when I decided it was clean enough, knowing it was already a very bad condition machine. Keep in mind, part of my machine was burned in a fire.

I think your machine looks loads better too.

Warning: do not get tape anywhere near your cleaned machine finish! I used painters masking tape to protect a decal near a piece of plated metal I wanted to polish. The shellac was more gone than I thought and part of the decal came off with the tape!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 PM

Okay, EC, that is one cute Featherweight. Glad your trip to the Cape was worthwhile. That was a great price, too.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:54 AM

Hi all,
Posted this in the main section too but thought you all could help me. I found a green Necchi machine with shuttle bobbins. It's for sale for $75. Is this a good price? Is this something I really should want? What should I look for to find more out about it?
I appreciate all of your thoughts. My internet use will be spotty but I will check in.
Thanks,
lots2do
Old 07-14-2010, 06:51 AM

I have forgotten what you use to clean the tables, I know it's Murphy's oil, but what do you put on after?
Thanks, Marge
Old 07-14-2010, 07:03 AM
EC

Hi Billy,

Hope all is well. I hate to ask you to repeat yourself, but I've been searching the shop and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Wasn't there a post where you recommended what to do if a motor had been oiled instead of using lube on it? Something about running the motor wide open for 10-15 minutes maybe?
Can you do this with a Featherweight? Not sure if it was oiled but think it may have been. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Elaine
Old 07-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

I don't usually post links to ebay or craigslist, but this one is too good to ignore. Wheeler and Wilson D-9 treadle in beautiful cabinet, local pick-up only, Nashville TN, $30 OBO. If I were in Tennessee I would snatch it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheeler-and-Wils...item4cf00dbbbb
Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
I don't usually post links to ebay or craigslist, but this one is too good to ignore. Wheeler and Wilson D-9 treadle in beautiful cabinet, local pick-up only, Nashville TN, $30 OBO. If I were in Tennessee I would snatch it!
Dunster, you're just teasing Billy aren't you.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

No, he lives in Bikini Bottom and I can't imagine that would be near Nashville.

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Originally Posted by dunster
Dunster, you're just teasing Billy aren't you.
;) ;-)