Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 AM

Carol,
I don't notice an after taste or odd taste in my coffee or shakes/smoothies using the Stevia.... I do in my cooked cereal.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
Carol,
I don't notice an after taste or odd taste in my coffee or shakes/smoothies using the Stevia.... I do in my cooked cereal.
Thanks, I only use a sweetener in tea, so Stevia may work. Is it artifical or a natural substance?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Stevia is a natural substance
Old 07-14-2010, 10:56 AM

I just got home from my appointment at the hospital. I have lost another 5 pounds and my BMI at the beginning of this journey was 83 and now it is 77. YAY!!

I went yesterday and got another tattoo. It is so pretty but I think I might be having a reaction to the ink. It is really swollen and red. Yuck. I am going to make an appointment in the morning to have my primary doc look at it. I am going to have my mom take a picture of it tonight.

I feel so blessed that I have you guys on this board to laugh with, cry with and support each other. You guys are the best!!

Missy
Old 07-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Gal

Mary, you are doing well, it is much better to lose the weight in smaller amounts, like a pound or two in a constant manner than to lose a lot at once. You are much more likely to keep the weight off if you do it slowly. I do not think I am making much headway, it is tough as I weigh in only once a week and then I can really see the difference. I am feeling better in myself and I put this down to the walking I am doing.

Gal
Old 07-14-2010, 01:42 PM

Gal: You need to measure yourself. Then when it seems like you are going too slow, check them again. Sometimes the body takes some time out from losing to shrink the inches.Keep up the good work.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marymc
I don't seem to get updates on this thread anymore. I checked my settings and they look right. It's no big deal i guess since i can still find it. I am still here and working at the weight loss. It doesn't sound like i will be winning any prizes but I am so impressed by what everyone is doing. Good job!! I will continue my walking and healthy eating. Looks like about 1 1/2 - 2 pounds a week which is perfect for me. I just want to be able to wear my summer clothes before summer is over.
I don't get updates on anything...........EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did at one time then there were computer issues then a name and e-mail change and still no updates!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:18 PM

OK...This might work for you, or might not be "your cup of tea".

I used to own a stationary bike with a gizmo you turned to up the tension, as if riding up hill, or ease back on tension as if on a flat road.

Sat in living room...biked quietly while watching TV with family...so got in my exercise and family time...who says watching the telly makes one a couch potato...?

I biked slower, so rather than miles, I would bike during certain shows...make the biking not the thing I was thinking about...no one to run me off the road, no dogs to chase after me...and DH put wheels on the back so he could roll in into a corner when I was done...

Never in the hot sun, or the rain during a lightening storm...was ideal for me. Shower during commercials, water on hand.

If you are not sure, look for a used on on craigs-list or free cycle...or hit the thrift stores...other folks have moved up to the more expensive body building stuff...once you figure out if this is or is not your thing, then consider buying one with tachometer, or cup holder, or what ever special devices you want added...like rowing machine handles...
Old 07-14-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma12
OK...This might work for you, or might not be "your cup of tea".

I used to own a stationary bike with a gizmo you turned to up the tension, as if riding up hill, or ease back on tension as if on a flat road.

Sat in living room...biked quietly while watching TV with family...so got in my exercise and family time...who says watching the telly makes one a couch potato...?

I biked slower, so rather than miles, I would bike during certain shows...make the biking not the thing I was thinking about...no one to run me off the road, no dogs to chase after me...and DH put wheels on the back so he could roll in into a corner when I was done...

Never in the hot sun, or the rain during a lightening storm...was ideal for me. Shower during commercials, water on hand.

If you are not sure, look for a used on on craigs-list or free cycle...or hit the thrift stores...other folks have moved up to the more expensive body building stuff...once you figure out if this is or is not your thing, then consider buying one with tachometer, or cup holder, or what ever special devices you want added...like rowing machine handles...
That is a great idea! After I lose a bunch more weight I will start looking for a bike like that. Right now I am too heavy to use a bike. Instead I am walking in the artificial water channel at my local indoor pool. I am up to 2 miles 3-4 times a week.

Missy
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 PM

You guys impress me alot. I used to have a stationary bike, we hung coats on it. I am determined to get off my butt and at least do my CD tonight.

Announcement: I got a new granddaughter on the 12th. Brianna Ruth McGee, 6 lb. 10 oz. Cute as a button.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get some. Keep up the good work.