Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Sew Every Day >

Do You Sew Every Day

Do You Sew Every Day

Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 AM

That sounds like me. LOL! Sometimes I look up at the clock and it's 2 in the AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:09 AM

Not as much as I'd like as I need to work to keep my habit going. The summer seems to be more hectic and less gets sewn. Someday when I retire, maybe. :)
Old 07-15-2010, 11:12 AM

I try to sew several hours a day, Here in Az. It gets hot early, so I am out at 5-5:30A.M. every morning working in my yard until about 9-9:30, Then I do some lessons on the new 830 and sew in the afternoons, So much to learn about digitizing embroidery,but am loving every minute of it , practicing on making shopping bags , don't want to waste the embroidery lesson,so each bag has some embroidery on it , slow process but I am learning :XD: :thumbup:
Old 07-15-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judie
I want to sew every day.. and I'd much rather sew than clean house.. or watch that stupid one-eyed monster in the front room..

but then my little DGD calls me and asks in her tiny voice if she can come see me.. and I say yes, because she is even more fun than sewing!! I love those grandbabies!!
I so agree.
I used to sew every day but now I am babysitting for my 4 moth old GS. He is so busy there is no time to sew. When my DIL picks him up I am exhausted. But love every minute I get to spend with him.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:09 PM

When I retired I thought I'd have all the time in the world to sew....HAH!!! That thought didn't last long....LOL I'd love to sew all day, every day if I could but just because you're retired it doesn't mean that life doesn't "happen" any more! I just don't know where the time goes! I no longer have little kids to look after (or a full time job outside the home) but now I have a "big" kid to look after and some days I think he's more work than the little ones use to be...LOL I try to squeeze in sewing time every day but that doesn't always happen either. Some days I'm in my sewing room all day so I guess it evens out :)
Old 07-15-2010, 02:29 PM

I like the 15 minute promise idea. It gets you started and is do able. I have started hand sewing while watching t..v.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:59 PM

I am retired now so I am found every day in my quilt room.4-5 hrs daily. Loving every minute of it, too!
Old 07-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Every day, several hours a day. I've been at this a little over a year now and am more obsessed now than when I started. I think I need an intervention.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Guys need something to do when they retire,Hubby has several hobbies, The one most important now is putting up cabinets in the garage, he is going to put in the floor decking next ,blocks that connect together, it is a guy thing , he also builds model airplanes now that he is retired and chases with me in our little Casitas trailer camping when it is cool enough,I do gardening , genealogy and sew a lot , he does the grocery shopping and lots of outdoor cooking , BBQ and smoking , I clean house, laundry and some cooking , what a life, God is good, been married 6 years and they said it wouldn't last!!And we aren't young, :-P , :thumbup: :roll:
Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 PM

If I'm finishing a top I've been know to sew til 2am. Time flies when you're having fun.