Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from South Dakota >

Hello from South Dakota

Hello from South Dakota

Old 12-08-2006, 01:16 PM

Hi from SD. Am kind of new to quilting, but have done some. Made a rag quilt out of denim, 8 inch squares and 4 inch squares and machine embroidered on the 8 inch square so made it to fit a king size bed. So had some 60 embroidered squares and it was really a neat quilt and it is really warm. So have been recycling denim alot. It nice to have some where that you can go and get ideas from other people. I just purchase another Bernia Sewing Machine and am loving it. It also is an embroidery machine.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:39 PM

Hello everybody
My name is Earlene and I am living in Oh. I have been quilting off and on for over 40 years. I still consider myself a beginner. cause I am always begining another project. I am originally from Louisiana.
I have just started a denim rag quilt. The blocks start out as eight and a half inch squares and end up as six and a half in squares. I am using a lightweight cotton on the back of mine. I am sewing ist together as if it was one piece.. I am making the first one as queen size and the other ones as twin size.
Earlene