Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Is your glass half empty or half full? >

Is your glass half empty or half full?

Is your glass half empty or half full?

Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 PM

LMAO

That made me laugh madquilter... "i may not be happy with what is IN my glass"! LOL

Lots of really good analogy's, and really good attitudes. Perhaps those who see things in such a positive way need to be a little more vocal and steer things in the right direction when they're going astray. ;)
Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Mine is usually half full. I have my bad times but I find a postive outlook usually comes back to you.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Perhaps those who see things in such a positive way need to be a little more vocal and steer things in the right direction when they're going astray. ;)
Totally agree. I'm bad about just hitting the Back button when I see things going down the toilet here. I need to try to help instead. Will try to remember that. :)
Old 07-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Perhaps those who see things in such a positive way need to be a little more vocal and steer things in the right direction when they're going astray. ;)
I agree. Most of the time when a topic goes against my grain, I just don't check in there any longer.

Singing....a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down....the medicine go down...the medicine go dooooown.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:49 PM

Thanks guys. :-)
Old 07-17-2010, 07:59 PM

I am definitely half full until I feel as though I'd burst if I didn't say something. With some of the complaints about quilt shops, I just thank my lucky stars to have the ones that I have near me. My favorite saying is, "Well, if that's the worst thing that happens to me today, then I'm a lucky girl!"
Old 07-17-2010, 08:01 PM

Haven't noticed anything that appears negative in nature. Just because someone vents, doesn't mean they are negative or non-inspirational.

If you ever need to vent, you know how to PM me! There is a reason for everything, and it doesn't mean we are not greatful for what we have or who we are.

Perhaps our site is the only souce one has to share something with, depending on how you see it. If one is unable to share, regardless of the reason, this is unacceptable to me.

Are we not here to help, whether it be quilting or some other aspect of someones life? We can't assume we know things about a person on the other side of these forums.

May I share the following from Ane Morrow Lindbergh:

I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world, would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering, must be added mourning, and understanding, patience, love, openmess amd the willingness to remain vunerable.

In everyone one there is something precious, found in no one else; so honor each man for what is h him - for what he alone has hidden within him - for what he alone has, and none of hos fellows. HISIDIC SAYING.\

New Zealand writer Katherine Mansfield 1888-1923---

I ALWAYS FELT THAT THE GREAT HIGH PRIVILEGE, RELIEF AND COMFORT OF FRIENDSHIP WAS THAT ONE HAD TO EXPLAIN NOTHING.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and these are mine for whatever it is worth. :)

Helen
Old 07-17-2010, 08:18 PM

Great question
overflowing
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 PM

Maybe it's me but I haven't seen a lot of negativity here. I've only been a member since March but I've been spending a lot more time here lately because I enjoy it so much. I admit though that I don't read every single thread and many I read I do not feel I need to comment on. I have been known by my own family to be a half empty person at times but I just don't see it here. This is a happy place for me.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:43 PM

My glass isn't half-full...it's FULL. Even during times others saw my glass as less than half-full, I didn't. I am blessed to be a positive person, and pretty resilient.

As for people venting here...it really doesn't bother me. I think we feel safe, that we are among friends, and that everyone will understand and comfort us when life kicks us.

I've noticed that members on this board are very open in discussing both the joys and the hardships of life, and all in all, there is much joy shared here. :wink: