Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-21-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by vovoa
I'm hating myself today. :(
and Vovoa our beloved one...you can love us if you have yourself...and I need LOTS of love. So you MUST NOT hate yourself...you are only human, made of flesh that hungers, and bones that need sustenance.

So all I ask for is that you love yourself, and all of us as well...and that you learn from your past, as well as ours.

Life is just too short to have to make ALL the mistakes yourself.
So learn from the mistakes of everyone around you, and be wiser in the end, the all those who only live & learn...

Hugs dear one...and Love X1,000
Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 AM

Oh Gwyn I can't seem to kick the sugar :( I'm just binging and have regained the 14 I lost last month and my clothes feel awful, etc, etc. I'm really in a funk that I can't seem to get out of. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. Blah, blah, blah.
Must we all go down the road of what our minds desire?
There has to be some wee small place that says...I don't like feeling like this...so I am going to...(hint, place activity here)

So you binged. Stop today, and hit your mental "re-boot" button.
Make yourself something pretty...does not matter how big or small...

If you PM me your land address, I would slip you a small envelope that will feel "squishy" when you get it. Then next time...tell yourself, I have to make a choice...eat XYZ OR I can take door # 3...and open my Squishy from Grandma12!!!!!

so tell grandma all about your favorite colors and heart's desire.
I just love to grant wishes...a pretty handkerchief to dry your tears upon? Some wee treasured bit of fabric in your all time favorite color...some lacy treasure...if you happen to fancy crazy patch quilts...

Bob Barker is no longer doing "The Price is Right"...
so let's play Grandma12's "The Choice is Mine".
Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 AM

Wow Grandma, I PM'd you.

You are a blessing.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma12
Oh Gwyn I can't seem to kick the sugar :( I'm just binging and have regained the 14 I lost last month and my clothes feel awful, etc, etc. I'm really in a funk that I can't seem to get out of. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. Blah, blah, blah.
Must we all go down the road of what our minds desire?
There has to be some wee small place that says...I don't like feeling like this...so I am going to...(hint, place activity here)

So you binged. Stop today, and hit your mental "re-boot" button.
Make yourself something pretty...does not matter how big or small...

If you PM me your land address, I would slip you a small envelope that will feel "squishy" when you get it. Then next time...tell yourself, I have to make a choice...eat XYZ OR I can take door # 3...and open my Squishy from Grandma12!!!!!

so tell grandma all about your favorite colors and heart's desire.
I just love to grant wishes...a pretty handkerchief to dry your tears upon? Some wee treasured bit of fabric in your all time favorite color...some lacy treasure...if you happen to fancy crazy patch quilts...

Bob Barker is no longer doing "The Price is Right"...
so let's play Grandma12's "The Choice is Mine".
Great idea Grandma. Vovoa, you can send me your addie to. I'll send you something fun.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:40 AM

If there is anyone out there who needs to have a 'choice' as Grandma 12 has described, send me your address in a pm. I will send you a quick squishy. Once you open it, I can send you another, until you aren't stressing quite so hard. Gwyn
Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
If there is anyone out there who needs to have a 'choice' as Grandma 12 has described, send me your address in a pm. I will send you a quick squishy. Once you open it, I can send you another, until you aren't stressing quite so hard. Gwyn
Now you have a great idea that has become "contagious"...

If we each supported one another, we would really all become winners and not just the one...they can have the Jack Pot Bonanza for the month...

So my envelope for Vovoa is stuffed, addressed and ready for the post. Just the thought of it seems to have helped her.

Any other takers? Warning...I am not sending much ...just what will fit stuffed inside a legal size envelope. One block perhaps, or add your own bits and it can become a wall hanging or a table runner...something small, workable, special...

Oh, and while I was at Dr's office getting something for my severe shooting/stabbing spinal pain...weighed in... 263.5

Thats a total loss of 42+ pounds since discharge...no surgery or stomach reducing junk...just plain old fashioned sick to death...and what saved my life has made me diabetic.

So you can all know.
I withdrew from the competition.
I need CW fabric to make a quilt of 4" blocks like I need a hole in my head!
And it sounds to this Grandma, as if you gals need the encouragement.

So for those of you who need the crunch, but not the calories and guilt...

1/4 cup grape nuts cereal
1/4 cup un-sweetened chunky applesauce
1/4 cup non-fat small curd cottage cheese
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg artificial sweetener of choice.

So yummy when warmed up, it reminds me of Dutch Apple Pie.
It will fit in a coffee mug, or pretty bowl...serve to yourself as if you were dining in some elite, high priced, ultra fancy bistro.

Calming, cheerful music playing in the background...maybe some Italian romantic singer... a lovely table cloth...don't won one? Make your own...they are simply made of fabric, don't ya know...

how about adding some scented candle light?
scrounge a bit in some second hand shop...and get a pretty tea set, an odd silver spoon and sundries...

So when temptation hits...give yourself something better...
guilt free...refined...dignified...lady like.

So here, for the very first time on the quilting board...an old photo of me out in our very own greenhouse...with all the lovely bits that made my then 8 year old Granddaughter have such fond memories of her wee bit of time spent with me...her da is in the Army.

Green house is gone..as are the lovely roses. And now days there is snow on my mountain top...but I still love to dress dolls, I still adore tea time, I still work on my quilts with soft music to set a tone...etc.

Don't particularly feel much like a lady you say?

It is something that grows inside you, slowly over time, when you feed it the lady like ingredients...music, flowers, tea, ambiance', "joie de vivre", and good friends. Eventually your lady will begin to emerge on her own...and then you can show others how to accomplish the same fete accompli'

Do you like my French?
I looked it up to throw a bit of the elite in for a kikkero...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-73322.jpe
Views:	30
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	73327  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:17 PM

Hello Everyone, Joined the board too late to participate in July, but I love the encouragement and the tips I've read. Hope you're doing this again in August. If so, count me in! I simply can't imagine where I acquired an extra 100 lbs, but it's got to leave before the health issues get worse. Grandma12, Thanks for your wonderful last post and the yummy healthy treat!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:20 PM

Oh my gosh, Grandma you are lovely! Thanks for all you have done today.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:50 PM

Grandma12: How do you do your hair like that. I have long hair, and tried for years to figure out how to have that braid crown. Please teach me. You are a beautiful lady, all 40+ pounds less of you. You've been a friend to all. And your poetry is to die for. Love being your friend, Gwyn
Old 07-21-2010, 04:56 PM

I'm hating myself today. :(
Oh no! :-(