Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas/holiday Presents >

Christmas/holiday Presents

Christmas/holiday Presents

Old 07-21-2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Neither of these came up.. page not found etc.. :(

Here is the original link.. http://vintagericrac.blogspot.com/20...one-needs.html
Copy and paste that... then go to the wayback machine at http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

paste the original link in the wayback machine link towards the top of the page...
it will then take you to the archive pages. There is only one blue link there - click on that and it will come up... you can then print it. I copied it in to a document and exported it as a pdf so that the pictures would stay intact in the future ;)

But the wayback machine works *most* of the time for things that are gone now.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 AM

Well, I've started crocheting again,and I'm making dish cloths for all the ladies along with placemats and matching napkins for Christmas, my step daughter will more than likely get match pot holders. hehehe Mom, I'll add in an apron (I think) my one niece wants a crocheted sweater so that is on the list. Other than that for the men who knows.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by reneebobby
Well, I've started crocheting again,and I'm making dish cloths for all the ladies along with placemats and matching napkins for Christmas, my step daughter will more than likely get match pot holders. hehehe Mom, I'll add in an apron (I think) my one niece wants a crocheted sweater so that is on the list. Other than that for the men who knows.
Lol -- my boyfriend is in charge of the guys' presents. Last year he got everyone pocket-knife type tools. He's also in charge of father's day (gift cards to the movies) and boy birthdays.

I take care of the girls!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:42 AM

Oh I wish he would take care of the guys, his idea of presents are you take care of it and here's some money. hahaha
Old 07-21-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Terryl
The pattern is called "Reversible Table Runner Too" designed by Karen Montgomery for The Quilt Company. You basically cut your fabric and batting into 3 1/2" wide strips. As you assemble and sew, you're doing both sides at the same time, then flip the new strips over to add on the next strip and machine stitch a couple rows down the length of the strip you just sewed on to quilt it. It goes fairly quickly and before you know it, it's time to put the binding on.
Thank you I will see if my LQS has the pattern, if not I will go on line to see if I can find it.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:35 AM

I just found this thread and have loved seeing and reading about all the things you guys are planning on making for Christmas gifts this year...my DIL asked for stockings for the family, as she'd seen some I'd made for another son and family...I quilt them...I have made a matching kitchen set using tomato fabric which includes an oven mitt, pot holder, two kitchen towels (use osnaburg for the main toweling), and two cloth napkins. I also am making checkbook covers, tissue holders and small sewing kits (with snack size ziplock baggies inside for lots of pockets). Also small chair caddies for sewing with pincushions...
Old 07-21-2010, 09:25 PM

I am making pillowcases from Christmas print fabric & table runners. I think everyone in my family will like them.
Keveryware
Old 07-21-2010, 11:17 PM

I have never heard of making mouse pads...Are these quilted??? Sounds interesting....
Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
I am suppose to be finishing 2 quilts that my grandmothers each started and finish them for my dad and mom. I may make an apron for my brother and that is all. Not sure for everyone else. Last year made a table runner for my sl and she did not even acknowledge it, so don't know what to do about her. Never do.
Hmmm...I think if I took the time, trouble, and expense to make a table runner for my sl that wasn't acknowledged, the next year she would get a cheap, discount store, small bottle of stinky cologne. :twisted:

Guess I'm not in the Christmas spirit yet! :lol:

By the way, I love everyone's ideas, suggestions, and pics!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:11 AM
MNM

Originally Posted by phyllis b
I have never heard of making mouse pads...Are these quilted??? Sounds interesting....
Yes! They are just a pieced square, I did a cat, a light batting and a backing. I am trying flannel on the back.
I saw the idea on this board. Mine have come out really cute. I did a cat with a tuxedo front for most of my friends and for my Red Hat friends I did a ladybug. It takes no time at all to make them. I have 7 made so far and am still going.
MNM