Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One Project at a time? or more? >

One Project at a time? or more?

One Project at a time? or more?

Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM

Hi , glad to hear you are organized and only do one project at a time. I think we are a rare breed. I get teased at sewing because I try to finish one project before starting another. If I do not finish one before I move on, I forget what I am doing
and some times I use the fabric for another project, ( not too smart) : I think it is OK to do things the best for you. I seem to get more projects done this way. :lol:
Old 07-22-2010, 10:45 AM

Several at once and they are generally big ones. I wish I could just do one and get it done but I get bored about 1/2 way through and want to switch it up. So I have a binding to do on one, a border to do on another and the back to put on another and then bind it. I am going to get started on the Farmers wife in a couple of weeks.... better get going...lots of sewing to do.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:39 AM

One project at a time for me, I can't stand the clutter either.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:59 AM

I often get bored working on just one project at a time but I use the next project on my to do list as an incentive to get my current project done. Plus since I am still fairly new to quilting I also remind myself that "practicing" by finishing this one will help me make the next one even better. LOL
Old 07-22-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by NanaJan
I'm with you! I have to see a finished product and once I start, I want to finish! Maybe I'm not a "real" quilter but it works for me. I also don't have a stash other than scraps from other projects--I buy what I need when I start a project to insure that I have enough.
What do you mean you might not be a real quilter? Of course you are and what you are doing is totally acceptable. This is from one real quilter to another.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:12 PM

I like to finish one completely
before starting another.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 PM

I have to have several projects on the go, I'm the same with library books, I usually have about three on the go at once.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM

For the past couple years I would start something then set it aside. I continued to work on my main project "Finally finished" after 2-1/2 years. I decided this year to finish everything I've started before starting another project. I'm working on my last 2 items so I'm in reach. I got to thinking about it last year & recalled a friend that showed me dozens of quilt tops that weren't completed. Told myself I didn't want to be that way, so I'm finishing everything now.

Lidna
Old 07-22-2010, 02:21 PM

I have several projects in different stages. Two or three for hand piecing, and when I get bored, I have one or two to machine sew or to quilt, and a mini to take along during the holidays...
A too tidy room makes me nervous - I like the crative mess. 8-)
Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM

From what I have experienced and heard from others some quilters have at least one project in the machine to be pieced, one in the development stages and one almost finished. Then if we crochet, knit, cross stitch, embroidery or do other needlework we have that going too. We are creative people with ideas flowing most of the time. I will not admit to any kind of normalcey. Ask my hubby.