Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-23-2010, 09:57 PM

Ok Billy, so do you think the Franklin I mentioned in an earlier post sounds like a reasonably good buy at $50?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Honchey
Billy, What is a MOP 12? A.
That is a Singer model 12 with the Mother of Pearl inlays, super rare and super expensive if you find a really nice one like I have. Mine came from France and it is almost new looking with the treadle.

The Franklin is definitely worth the money and I have always wanted one in a parlor cabinet. You will love the machine and you will find it favors the Singers with similar features and options.

Billy
Old 07-23-2010, 10:05 PM

Thanks Billy, I will let my hubby know. I think he will be tickled with his "find".
Old 07-24-2010, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
WOW I leave the shop for a day and I have 5 pages to read!! The F&R is wonderful and I am so glad the tute helped you fix it up. It looks like it did when it was new!!!

Billy
Billy, I can't take credit for refurbishing the F&R that is the way it came to me. I took the pic before even taking a dust cloth to it. I do need your help tho, can you tell me where I can look to get needles for it?

will send a pic, maybe tomorrow of the branded White that I have used your tute to reclaim.

Scotlass
Old 07-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scotlass
Billy, I can't take credit for refurbishing the F&R that is the way it came to me. I took the pic before even taking a dust cloth to it. I do need your help tho, can you tell me where I can look to get needles for it?

will send a pic, maybe tomorrow of the branded White that I have used your tute to reclaim.

Scotlass

I am amazed at how nice the machine is!! WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

I looked at my needle book and the charts that I have and I dont have Frister and Rossman listed in any of them. Do you still have the shank of the needle that came out of it? It will have the information you need engraved into the shank and then you can have fun finding them!! I am having fun finding the ones for my Singer 9W right now.

I ordered 30 of the wrong size needles and now I am trying to find the 127x1 equivalents.

Billy
Old 07-24-2010, 07:01 AM

Lisa- Just saw your post about the treadle, it's beautiful. Didn't see it when I looked last night. will have to check on it.
Thanks a bunch.

Marilyn (sweetsie)
Old 07-24-2010, 07:18 AM

Thanks Miz Johnny for the link to the manual for my F&R. You indicated you had virtually the same machine, by any chance do you have a source for needles?

thankx, Scotlass
Old 07-24-2010, 08:11 AM

Lisa, I forgot to tell you am about 48 miles southeast of the city. That is where I live closer to one town, but have another
towns address. It is confusing. Think it depends on which sign
you look at how far out of OKC we really are.
Marilyn
Old 07-24-2010, 08:42 AM

I too am a huge fan of vintage & antique machines. I use my treadles alot! I also have several handcranks. They all do the most perfect straight stitch and they are so uncomplicated!!! Spread the fever!!! SheSews
Old 07-24-2010, 08:43 AM

I too am a huge fan of vintage & antique machines. I use my treadles alot! I also have several handcranks. They all do the most perfect straight stitch and they are so uncomplicated!!! Spread the fever!!! SheSews