Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Arthritis >

Arthritis

Arthritis

Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 AM

And start taking Salmon oil capsules. The ones I bought at Costco have 2000 mg of Omega 3 in them...the highest I've found yet...Supposedly they help. I can't say for sure, but after 2 weeks, my hands aren't hurting as much!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 AM

I have arthritus in all my fingers and other joints to and some days I just didn't want to do anything exspecially when there is low preasure or cold days. I herd about consantrated cherry juice that it helps the joints and I also started taking liquid vitamins and it has made the differance and my joints are not that painful anymore. I also make sure that I get out and do some walking or biking every day and do exersizes for my fingers.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:26 AM

Thanks for your advice, I had cortisone injections base of both thumbs 5 & 7 weeks ago, having another one in the right hand on Tuesday. I am also using Kalaya-E Balm, a magnetic bracelet, don't drink anything carbonated, eat very few fresh tomatoes - but find none of these make much difference! Hey Ho!!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:35 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

I'm a massage therapist and work with a number of people who have arthritis. The best thing we have found for easing the joints is 1) regular epsom salt soaks; and 2) a combination of arnica gel and emu oil applied directly to the joint and surrounding areas. They can also be used individually. The reason for the emu oil is that it soaks in more efficiently than other oils. I hope this is helpful. Blessings. Heidi
Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 AM

it doesn't matter how much advice you get it is what works for you that counts. I hope you find something soon to help relieve the pain, I suffer from neopathic pain disorder and the only medication that helps with the pain I can't take as it reacts badly with me. so it is a case of grin and bear it, some days I don't want to get out of bed but I have to as I look after my mum and I have to get myself moving before I can get her out of bed I have to do everything for her except hand feed her so I can't give into my pain, that is why I like quilting as I can escape for a while yet still be close enough to hear mum if she calls
Old 07-23-2010, 06:43 AM

I found a handle with suction cups on it at Wal Mart for under $5 and I use it on my long rulers. The handle is the type used in the shower. You should look into the accuquilt products. You can search the QB and find several discussion threads.

The snug crafters gloves may help a little along with heat - either from a heating pad or the bags filled with rice or corn that you put in the microwave. My hands are not bad yet, but the pain does stop my sewing some days.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:23 AM

F.Y.I. Throwing this out there - maybe it'll help a 'new' arthritis sufferer.

I went to the first doctor (who was new to me) after my hands were hurting terribly for 2 weeks... thinking it may be arthritis. He says "Oh it's arthritis - take some cosamin 4 times a day (at $35 a bottle of 60) - takes about 4-6 weeks to kick in and work - see me in 8 weeks if it doesn't improve".
Two weeks later I see my 'old' doctor cause I can't stand the pain...he manipulates my spine and the pain in my hands is gone by the time I'm walking out of the office. I stopped taking the cosamin.
TRUTH!
Old 07-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

also look for stretchy skin colored gloves without finger tips. they help keep your hands warm while you work adn that helps.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:49 AM

Hi
I have arthritis in both wrists. Some days nothing works. Others days I find the Voltaren emi gel (got mine at costco) or Aleve or both work well. For me the month of July is the worst. Keep trying as I've found what works for my friend usually won't work for me and we both have it in our wrists. Feb. is the worst month for her. We all react differently.
true4uca
Old 07-24-2010, 09:11 AM

I found wearing wrist brace at night really helped me.