Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
my 30s reproduction quilts >

my 30s reproduction quilts

my 30s reproduction quilts

Old 07-24-2010, 07:18 AM

Awesome awesome quilts.......great work!!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:03 AM

These are all so beautiful...My favorite is the candy sticks..have never seen that pattern before...love them
Old 07-24-2010, 11:12 AM

Beautiful. Do you do your hexagons by hand with english paper piecing?
Old 07-24-2010, 11:21 AM

I would like information on patterns too, if you could lead me to them I would so appreciate it. I want to make the improved ninepatch, candy sticks, stairway to heaven, grandmothers flower garden. Please and thank you. It is like looking at my grandmothers quilt closet and now I am a grandmother and want to pass them down to mine. Your quilts stir my heart....bless you.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by dgmoby
Your quilts are all so beautiful, and so well done! I tried to pick out a favorite to make some particularly nice comments on, but I couldn't! I just love them all. I so love 30's fabrics!

Here in Central TX, the 30's aren't all that popular, so I've had a really hard time finding them. The local shops say they simply don't sell...can you imagine that?!? I finally gathered enough to make a single quilt, but that's all. I would love to see your stash! I bet it's just gorgeous!

Again, I love your quilts. You did an amazing job! And to have handquilted them - I'm simply in awe :)
Debbie...if you're up for a little road trip to New Braunfels, the Quilt Haus has a good stock of '30's prints. Used to be my favorite LQS before moving too far away.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:31 AM

Really wonderful repro's...not just using the fabrics but the workmanship and techniques. I have a book called "Link to the 30's: Making the Quilts We Didn't Inherit," and yours are just as wonderful as those by the book's authors. Thanks for sharing these pictures.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:41 AM

WOW WOW WOW Wonderful Beautiful Terrific Love all of them!!!!! :-) :D :mrgreen: :-o :shock: :shock: :-P :P :lol: 8-) :roll: :wink: :wink: :XD: :thumbup: :!: :!:
Old 07-24-2010, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Steffi
Thank you for so much feedback! :D You are the best!

The Candy Sticks was inspired by the cover quilt of this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Quilts-All-Sea.../dp/1875625127

It is a simple strip piecing technique, I only needed one weekend to sew the top. I changed the layout a bit and used less wide yellow strips because I didnīt want to applique the flowers to them.

And the Improved Ninepatch is from a magazine called Sensational Quilts, a special edition of Australian Patchwork & Quilting. Found no picture of it online, and Iīm not sure if I am allowed to show the pages of the magazine here?
The pattern is a bit different from the one in the link from nt2scraplvr. The background pieces are smaller and make no perfect circle. But itīs the same principle.
Here I already wrote about the patterns. ;-)
I had no pattern for the stairway to heaven, just sewed togehter a muslin and a printed stripe of fabric and cutted them into squares. Was a lot of fun playing around with them to find the best layout.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnitaSt
Really wonderful repro's...not just using the fabrics but the workmanship and techniques. I have a book called "Link to the 30's: Making the Quilts We Didn't Inherit," and yours are just as wonderful as those by the book's authors. Thanks for sharing these pictures.
Thank you very much! Next month is my birthday, and Iīll wish me that book. Saw it at an exhibition a few months ago, but couldīn buy it because I spent too much money on fabrics. :D
Old 07-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
They are beautifully designed and made, and the quilting is faultless. An Aust Mag in Germany - that made my day down here. I love AP&Q.
Me too! Itīs my motherīs and my favorite magazine!