Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM

WOO-HOO!! Monday morning weigh in.... DOWN 1.5 lbs!!!!
This is the lowest I've been in about 8 years. Doing the happy dance :D D: This makes 7.5 pounds lost this month :D
Old 07-26-2010, 05:50 PM

Good for you! Do you realize that is the size of a typical new baby. That is as much as 7 and 1/2 boxes of butter. Put that in your backpack and tote it around for a while. Gets heavy. Good going Leota!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:11 PM

Thank you Gwen....
With your post about that being the weight of an average newborn... "Can I say "I lost a baby" When I reach my goal, I can say I lost a 2nd grader :D
Old 07-26-2010, 07:36 PM

You can say whatever you want! I'm just putting things into perspective. It is hard to see that 7 pounds is very much, but it is a whole baby!

Congrats. I bet I'm sending fat quarters this month. Just not too much consistency in the exercise department.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:03 PM

I figure I will be too. But the fact that we have a support group and daily/hourly encouragement here...
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 PM

But I like the happy chatter and bantering about what you all are doing ...the quilts you are making to keep your minds busy and hands out of the cookie jar better than silence, or my scolding...

So a little less silence, if you please?

What are we going to "do" (hint, do is an action word) to encourage ourselves to treat ourselves better...and stop waiting for the rest of the world to treat us special?

Maybe our own little swap of pretty place mats?
Just another random thought...please do not look to me for leadership on this if you all say OH YEAH...

I am already swapping two table runners, working on a block for a banner for my local quilt guild, and still working on the Double Wedding Band quilt for my grandmother's 103 birthday coming up in less than 3 weeks...so these hands are booked solid for the moment...but maybe someone else who has less on their proverbial plate. needs a place to put their luncheon or dinner plate...and their afternoon calorie free tea as well?

Time to stir things up a bit...action...as they say in Hollywood!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:14 PM

I have been excercising everyday. Tonight another 11 miles on the bike. It seems like I should be losing a lot more weight than I have. The positives are I am stronger than when I started and my endurance is up. Another positive benefit of excercise is my nails have gotten stronger. They are no longer brittle and breaking all the time.

I just don't get this weight loss "thing" at times. My friend is eating hot dogs and has lost seven pounds in two weeks, I eat fruit, beans, vegetables, salads (no or little dressing) excercise daily and only lost about that much in a month. Go figure.

As Quilthappygail stated, we are looking for a "forever way to eat." Plus, I hate hotdogs anyway! :hunf:
Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
WOO-HOO!! Monday morning weigh in.... DOWN 1.5 lbs!!!!
This is the lowest I've been in about 8 years. Doing the happy dance :D D: This makes 7.5 pounds lost this month :D
"WOO- HOO!!" is right, great job! Carol
Old 07-26-2010, 08:28 PM

OH Can I start with the August weigh in challenge?
Let me know okay?;
Thanks,
LaQuita
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 PM

Hi everyone, glad to hear that you are doing good. Good for you carol.
Grandma 12 you hit the nail on the head as they say. Toss out the stuff that temps you. Let "them" eat out if they want the Bad Food. We have all decided to make ourselves better from the inside out. As our mothers would say "You are What You EAT. Keep it up everyone I look forward to sending my fat qtr to one of us. And I'm in for Aug. whatever it brings. (a few less pounds for us all)