Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Another Iowegian :) >

Another Iowegian :)

Another Iowegian :)

Old 07-28-2010, 09:31 AM

Welcome from Arizona!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by grandaud
You're coming to my area. I live in Guthrie County west of Springbook State Park. Hope you have a good weekend. If you're interested, they are having a western music jamboree at the fairgrounds in Guthrie Center on Saturday starting at 6:00 PM
thanks for the info! We just might check out the music :) Any good places to eat in Guthrie Center? (It's been several years since we've been up that way)
Old 07-28-2010, 10:16 AM

There Primetime Restaurant and Breadeaux Pizza. Primetime has delicious food. Really busy on Friday and Saturday nights. The music at the fair grounds is called Guthrie's River Rukus.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:15 AM

Thanks so much for the info. Good to know that these places are busy on the weekend. We'll probably wait until Sun. night to eat out - after two nights cooking outside, I'll be read to be served!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 AM

Hello and welcome from Alabama
Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 PM

Heh, no kidding about rainsoaked! Hi from another Iowegian(never heard of that term- I always just consider myself an Iowan from the middle of nowhere). Greetings from East central Iowa, Situated right in the middle of four fairly populous metro areas- Quad Cities to the south, Dubuque to the north, Cedar Rapids to the west, and my hometown Clinton to the east. I live outside of Massillon, Iowa which is a tiny blink-and-you-miss-it town. This is my first post and I'm a new quilter. I big-time newbie. I'm what you might call a geek who was always into electronics and decided I needed a less expensive hobby <BIG TIME SNORT!> That worked out well. I've spent a fortune since I've domesticated myself. I am totally in love with quilting though. And now, since I've found this board, I can mix my two obsessions quilting and computers!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:32 PM

Hi and welcome. I grew up in Sioux City but now live outside of St. Louis. This site is great, you will love it.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

xenodeno--Hello and welcome to you from an Iowa girl!! Have you gotten into EQ yet? I bought a rain gauge so it can quit raining. Farmer DH said get it put up ASAP!
Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
xenodeno--Hello and welcome to you from an Iowa girl!! Have you gotten into EQ yet? I bought a rain gauge so it can quit raining. Farmer DH said get it put up ASAP!
oksewglad - I love your Avatar - is it paper pieced? Sure am enjoying this site!

xenodeno - Welcome! I hope you were not affected by all the flooding up your way. Sad to see the amount of damge. I'm in Cedar Rapids - we're still recovering from the June '08 flood.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:08 PM

Hi and Welcome. I haven't been here long but have found many very nice people here. Am originally from central Iowa but jumped just across the border to Minnesota when I married.