Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 07-26-2010, 07:31 AM

I haven't finished anything!!!

Working on a quilt now (that was NOT a ufo) but hoping to pick it back up again soon...
Old 07-26-2010, 12:37 PM

I have a red, white and blue I finally got quilted and bought the binding last week, waiting to get it in the wash.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by quilter53
I thought I would get this topic started back up again and maybe inspire a few of "us" to finish a UFO. I am still working on a few things. The log cabin is off to the quilters. Anyone else finished anything.
OMG, I'm so busy working on so many projects my head should explode!

I'm finishing up a Quilt of Valor. It was a kit handed out by the guild and turns out it had only half the required fabric so I am trying to find some fabric to finish it out with that won't look dorky. I'm working on a sashiko piece with a few of my friends. It's going to be an asian art piece that will be auctioned off to help raise money to buy a building for the Heritage Quilt Museum. I'm working on a Jane Stickle (Dear Jane) quilt and run a local bee on it, which means I have to at least attempt to keep up. I just finished a quilt for my hubby's grandmother, the picture is posted under the Picture section entitled French Braid if anyone is interested in looking at it. I'm hand appliquing a bunch of lamb blocks for my granddaughter, who is due to be born in mid-November, for her baby quilt. I'm also doing a 'Paint Chip Challenge' in my local guild and am working on a tablerunner for that.

I have been working on a UFO, several in fact. I'll have to take a picture of my neutrals quilt to show off. It's my baby and I thought it was done but then hubby decided we're getting a king sized bed and suddenly I needed to make the quilt bigger, much bigger. Dang it all! After a lot of thought and some input from a dear friend, I came up with borders that should look as if they were designed with the original quilt in mind and not slapped on for extra length. Of course, I can't just do something simple. I am appliquing circles; lots and lots of circles. I'm even stuffing them to give them a bit more dimension.

Hopefully I'll get something finished so I can post pictures soon.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:01 PM

Tiffany -- you're making me tired.... :lol:
Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 PM

I started on a UFO quil twhenever this challange first went up. 5 in apliquaed hearts and sqa . It is now basted and ready to quilt. Thanks for the push . Without this I would never have gottten started again
Old 07-28-2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by unfinished business
I started on a UFO quil twhenever this challange first went up. 5 in apliquaed hearts and sqa . It is now basted and ready to quilt. Thanks for the push . Without this I would never have gottten started again
That's great news. I can't wait to see a picture of the finished quilt. :thumbup:
Old 07-29-2010, 05:12 AM

It will be finished for a granddaughters bd in Jan. Ssurly I cando that!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:25 PM

I am working on a BOM that I was behind but now I'm caught up with making the blocks. Now I am working on QAYG. thanks for the push.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:58 PM

This is a wonderful idea. I'm new here and joining in AUGUST! That'll be 5 UFOs to finish this year. Have many UFOs, not sure which I'll start on. Been busy making Quilts for Kids and I love doing that. They get finished!

It's nice to see the encouragement offered by the participants here.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:00 PM

I have been reading this thread and laughed when I got to here, you see here I was thinking about how inspirational it was reading all these posts about projects being finished when I realized that my 3 UFO's weren't really UFO's at all so I don't have any UFO's as mine are still WIP's :D I think I can relax a little after all

Maybe1day