Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads Lowering Prices + some info about something! >

Connecting Threads Lowering Prices + some info about something!

Connecting Threads Lowering Prices + some info about something!

Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by quilt3311
I love ordering from them. They always make good if there is an error in an order or as you said something doesn't fit. They have loyal customers who advertise for them by telling others they have "service".
I used to work at Harrah's. They take extra special care to always try to work with an unhappy customer. As my supervisor always said - "An unhappy customer will tell everyone they meet how bad they were treated - a happy customer will tell everyone they meet how well they were treated and how nice your company is." Word of mouth is ALWAYS the best advertising. Let's face it there are too many of these forums for quilters for some company to stay in business for very long when they mistreat their customers.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:42 AM

And if you spend more than $50 , they will ship free. They have batting 30% off right now. I just bought a load of Warm and Natural yesterday.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
Connecting Threads does not send their jobs to Asia - they grow cotton here in the states and manufacture all their fabrics here too...
Then this is DEFINITELY the company to support.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:27 AM

I've bought fabric and thread from CT. Some fabrics I wasn't too happy about the quality. I've gotten fat 1/4's from them and some of them were cut 8x40. That I wasn't happy about either. Most of the fabs I've been satisfied with and the threads I love. I had bought one of their thread sets about 2 yrs. ago. I opened one up last month and the thread was cut across the top so I was only getting about 12" off at a time. Called them and in about 4 days I had the new thread no charge. Very satisfied with their customer service.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 AM

I thought that the fabrics were made in USA from Connecting Threads, but someone corrected me and stated that the cotton is grown here in the US, but manufacture is somewhere else, Mexico, Canada, ????
Old 07-30-2010, 10:40 AM

I should own stock in Connecting Threads!!! I buy a lot from them. I am happy to hear they are going to lower their prices even more... thanks for passing the info along... :)
Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM

Connecting Threads is a great resource. I love the fact that their fabric is made in the USA. I bought a 150 thread rack for my wall and it is so well made and it is made in the USA. With the state of our economy I want to support US workers even if it costs a wee bit more. The quality and service of this business is the best I have known. When there was a question about the shipping they called and left a personal cell phone number. I will always try to buy from this store.:)
Old 07-30-2010, 11:45 AM

I just placed an order 2 days ago for the 'web special' clearance fabric at $2.96yd. Got 3 yds each of Falling Snow Espresso and a yellow tone on tone, which I see is no longer available today....whew, got it in time.

Several of my friends buy the 50% off clearance fabric specifically to use for quilt backs.

I used the code CHARM2 and got $5.96 off my order.

Love Connecting Threads for their fabric AND the threads.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 07-30-2010, 12:20 PM
QKO

Setting the record straight is always a good thing, I think...

Connecting Threads cotton (like half the cotton in the industry) is indeed grown in the USA. The USA is one of the leading producers of cotton in the world. However, CT's fabric is woven and their printing is done overseas.

So really, the claim that this is a totally USA operation that some like to claim, is not correct. CT doesn't even claim it on their website. They make a big deal out of the fact that their cotton is USA grown, but if you look on their pages you'll find these statements...

Our Manufacturing Partners

Connecting Threads has very high standards for the International manufacturers we choose to work with. Executives from Connecting Threads have visited each of our manufacturers' factories personally to ensure that their facilities and labor practices are in line with both Connecting Threads' and our customers' expectations. Specifically, Connecting Threads works only with manufacturers who:

* Institute management practices that respect the rights of all employees
* Provide a safe and healthy work place
* Promote the health and well-being of all employees
* Oppose the use of child labor
* Have an active role in the positive development of their local community
And in another place...

We not only have high standards for our products, we have very high standards for the International manufacturers we choose to work with. Bob, Karen or Teri have visited each of our manufacturers’ factories personally to ensure that their facilities and labor practices are in line with both Connecting Threads’ and our customers’ expectations.
The misunderstanding of where the fabrics are woven and printed is basic mis-direction. If one proclaims loudly that part of their process is all-USA, some will assume all of their process, even though they never claimed it. And they're very happy to let people assume that.

If their fabric meets your needs and you're satisfied with it, then you should buy it and use it.

Just don't buy it because you're under the false impression that it's an all-USA made product.
:roll:
Old 07-30-2010, 12:36 PM

They use to have on their website that the cotton was USA and that they manufactured in the north America (that could be Mexico or Canada most likely Mexico)
Now when I look at their web site that is gone and the only thing I can find is Cotton grown in the USA