Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need your opinions-pricing Walker Bags >

Need your opinions-pricing Walker Bags

Need your opinions-pricing Walker Bags

Old 07-30-2010, 03:14 PM

I might suggest using a sturdier fabric such as denim, or upholstery fabric weight as the weight of items put into the walker bag get heavy and might stretch it out. I know my mother had one and she put LOTS of things in it.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:25 PM

my 21 yo dd has a walker and could use a cute bag to hang on it. (Shea's taken a cloth purse and tired it on the walker to use). I think $ 20-25 is a fair price.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeeit42
I might suggest using a sturdier fabric such as denim, or upholstery fabric weight as the weight of items put into the walker bag get heavy and might stretch it out. I know my mother had one and she put LOTS of things in it.
The one i made for my brother..
i used blue ticking fabric..it worked out pretty good..very plain,but sturdy. it served the purpose..
i never thought to use denim!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Originally Posted by Candace
Janet, don't take what people would pay personally. It's no reflection on your talent and work. There are a lot of people who won't pay more than $50 for a king sized "handmade" quilt from China. With sweatshop labor so prevalent in our market and economy, many folks are used to paying 10 cents an hour for labor! It truly makes selling our home made goods, very hard. And usually only to people who understand we aren't slave laborers here in the U.S.
I understand that. We have had many threads about how non-quilters don't understand the value of what we do.
BUT this comment was from a fellow quilter. :-( :-( :-(
Actually, I've only made one quilt and a lap size, so I don't think I really qualify as a 'fellow quilter'. Please disregard my opinion on the price of $10-$15.00 and listen to the real quilters. I'll just keep my mouth shut in the future.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:01 PM

try ordering fabric from marshallsdrygoods.com. the store isn't far from where i live and they have great fabric for LOW prices.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:18 PM

I use to get a bundle of nice drapery material from a company in town who made drapes and pillows. I bought it by the pound. Saved oodles and it helped me and it helped them by getting it out of their way. Worth a try to make something to help the handicapped like me. Pillows for wheelchairs if they are to deep or seat to hard would be nice too.
Angeline

I just retired after last 5 years working as a nurse with elderly-most of our folks would not pay that, and often got them donated from churches.

I just retired after last 5 years working as a nurse with elderly-most of our folks would not pay that, and often got them donated from churches.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:29 PM

your bag is really georgous but i would save that beautiful fabric for a purse maybe...its not a problem buying from your lqs but it needs to be on sale..actually i would stick to joanns with a coupon..they do have really cute fabrics..i would say go for 18.oo and then maybe you might sell more..good luck
Old 07-30-2010, 07:15 PM

That walker bag is pretty. I live in a Senior's community and they dont seem to have the funds to purchase anything over $10 it seems. So I really dont think anyone would pay $20 to $25 for them unless it was a daughter or son or friend of someone who is using a walker.