Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven? >

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Old 07-31-2010, 05:26 AM

Here is my "Quilters Will" LOL

FABRIC WILL

Being of sound mind and body (a statement that does not bear close scrutiny), I ______________ do hereby record my last will and testament. Knowing that __________, my ____________________ (husband, sister, daughter) has no appreciation, or for that matter knowledge of my extensive fabric collection, which by the way is deposited in various places throughout my house for safekeeping. Knowing also that _________ has also notified the goodwill store should I precede him or her to that great quilt shop in the sky, to pick up and dispose of the aforementioned collection. Therefore I do WILL this collection and all other collections related to it, to my dear fellow fabric preservationist ______________. It is my wish that she, upon hearing of my death and obtaining clear proof of that I did not manage (although goodness knows I tried) to take it with me, will come to my home, before the goodwill store searches out my collection. That she should rescue the said collection and stack it in my quilting studio, along with my sewing machines, frames, old buttons, lace, patterns, quilts, dolls and works in progress.
And after she has done that, she should purchase refreshments for all my friends, not yet departed, which friends are also her friends. Every last one shall be in that room and they shall hold a wake and say lots of lovely and kind things about me until they run out and then they shall divide amongst themselves my wonderful collection. Be forewarned! I shall be hovering over that very spot until this is done. They shall then leave this spot and close the door, leaving the car, house, stocks, bonds and other worldly nonsense to those who don't understand or know any better. This is my wish on the matter.

Date: ____________________ Signed: ____________________
Old 07-31-2010, 05:31 AM

I am taking mine with me! Since there are some pieces I just can not part with or cut now... they are going with me.
Make a fabric casket ....Line the casket .... fill the hole with it !!!
I do not have any heirs so .... send it all along with me. It gave me so much joy...pleasure...comfort while I was alive so ....why part with it. I think there must be a swap going on somewhere ...where I am going. So if the ground just does not seem to settle ...its just me accumulating more and heaving up the earth.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:29 AM

Love it; Raptureready best answer yet
Old 07-31-2010, 06:43 AM

I taught my DDIL to quilt and do some crafts and she has promised me that my fabric and supplies will NEVER end up on a yardsale or in a thrift store. I think my DD would like some of it too, if she has the place for it by then. I have given them both older mechanical sewing machines and I KNOW they will gladly take my nice computerized sewing machines and give them homes! :)
Old 07-31-2010, 06:53 AM

I have already told me husband that my quilting friends have to all come on the same day to divide my stash... they will draw numbers to see what order they get to choose the fabrics... all must play fair... :)unless of course by then my only daughter loves to quilt - then she can have it all.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Banned

There is a friend of the family she is young 23 I have informed my son that she get's it all including my sewing machines. I even told her it is hers just remind DS as he could be forgetful.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:00 AM

I'm taking it with me. Enough said!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:05 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard this joke, but I think it's worth repeating.

A quilter dies and goes to what she thinks is heaven. As far as the eye can see there are beautiful bolts of fabric and every pattern, type of sewing machine and thread available. There are women sitting at long tables in front of the machines quietly staring into space. She exclaims, "I must be in quilter's heaven!!!"
One of the women seated at the tables replies, "Sorry, you are in quilter's hell. There are no scissors."
Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 AM

I'm taking all of mine with me. They may have to bury me in a 50' trailer but so be it. Bring on the backhoe!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by DeniseP
I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard this joke, but I think it's worth repeating.

A quilter dies and goes to what she thinks is heaven. As far as the eye can see there are beautiful bolts of fabric and every pattern, type of sewing machine and thread available. There are women sitting at long tables in front of the machines quietly staring into space. She exclaims, "I must be in quilter's heaven!!!"
One of the women seated at the tables replies, "Sorry, you are in quilter's hell. There are no scissors."
LMBO!!!! That would be hell!!!! No scissors hummm, make stripe quilts.