"Weigh In"

Old 07-31-2010, 11:42 AM

I did my monthly grocery shopping today at Walmart and bought a new scale to weigh myself on. I figured it was time to face reality. The other scales we have my 3 year old has bounced on too many times and is no longer accurate. the new ones will be hidden from bouncy kids...

I also decided to renew my membership to the Y. I cancelled it a few years ago after I realized how unsafe the nursery was for my son. I've decided to go swimming with the boys several afternoons a week--my oldest is fine in a life jacket and I can walk laps holding the baby. it's not much, but something. Hopefully it will burn a few calories, anyway...

Rose
Old 07-31-2010, 01:04 PM

Sounds like a good plan Rose Hall. This past week my digital scales quit working. I am sure it needs a new battery. I don't like it that I can't weigh everyday. I decided to attend the Sat meeting at WW since it is a morning meeting. Just works better with my schedule.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:08 PM

Hi Carole, glad to hear from you, wondered where you went to. Sorry about your dog, we had to have ours put to sleep too. He was over 14. We are looking for another now, but will adopt an older one, maybe a year or two.
We just took our 4 grandsons to the beach, I am not a beach person at all. I just sat and watched them and ate. So did't bother weighing this week. Hope your son's wedding is wonderful.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:11 PM

lneal, please keep telling me good things do I won't give up. :)
Old 08-01-2010, 04:02 AM

So glad you are in this Pats8e8!! You have a positive attitude. Giving up never helped anything and I have found it sets me back when I do. I have had days that haven't been so good and I will excuse myself for awhile. But back on it we go. :-D :-D You are such an encouragement to all of us here. I think losing weight is harder to do when we get older. At 53--- I find its not coming off as quickly and that can be discouraging.
I am so glad we are here to help each other everyday!! I look forward to everyones post, even if it's to say Hi, I am still in this!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-01-2010, 04:22 AM

Hi! I'm still in this. Just not spending as much time on the computer. I guess because it is summer. I had a .4 loss last week at WW, I was surprised by that because I didn't journal one single thing all week. And I had a couple of "eating what I wanted" days. It is interesting that my choices have changed so much that when I eat what I want, I am still careful about what I choose. Must be the life changing eating habits are happening. The pounds are still coming off slow, but we'll get there eventually. Remember we didn't put this weight on in a few short months. It is nice to see some old faces (avatars??).
Linda
Old 08-01-2010, 05:17 AM

Hi all-

I just signed up for the August challenge. My goal is for the first two weeks to work out 30 min every other day and drink more water. I also will be avoiding fast food and eating out. I alreadt started. I did 30 min of circuit training this morning. I hope to get some support here because lord knows I need it.

I find when I quilt I keep my hands and mind busy so not much time for misc. eating. I have 6 projects going now so maybe that will help.

Good luck to everyone.

Nikki
Old 08-01-2010, 07:00 AM

Hi Pat, Thanks for the kind words about our dog. It sure is a hard thing to do. But she is without any pain and that is important.

Now we have this 10 week old Puppy and it is like having a baby all over again. LOL Go for the 1 - 2 year old. You will be past the teething and housebreaking.

Sounds like all of you are hanging in there with the weight loss. Good for you. I am so proud of all of you.

Carole
Old 08-01-2010, 08:21 AM

Linda, you'd better lose all that weight before you hit 68 like me. Look at all the trouble I'm having getting past this one zero! ;)
Old 08-01-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Linda, you'd better lose all that weight before you hit 68 like me. Look at all the trouble I'm having getting past this one zero! ;)
I am hoping to have it all off by this time next year. I still have a long way to go and I have been in a slump lately, but I am still haning in and taking those baby steps. I think the most important advice that I hear at WW meetings is drinking enough water, walking as much as you can, and of course the obvious, keep track of what you are eating. I have begun paying more attention to the nutritional value of the foods I am eating, and it seems like that is making a big difference.

Having support in any form is also a big help for me. I appreciate every little bit of encouragement I receive from all of you.

Linda